Register Now
Smokey

What are your thoughts on GTA 6 being pushed back to 2026?

So recently Rockstar has confirmed that the upcoming Grand Theft Auto 6 has been pushed back to 2026 due to some issues with development. How do you feel about this? Do you think this is a good thing? Do you think this will kill the hype for the game?

Honestly, I haven't really enjoyed a GTA game since Vice City on the PS2 and the fact they released GTA 5 across THREE console generations IMO, is just pathetic, so my desire to play GTA 6 at all has been slim to none, so this push back on the release window doesn't bother me. That said, I know a lot of folks are probably upset about this news. What do you think?

Last month Sony says that the PS5 is in the latter part of its life cycle (which seems to indicate a new console in 2026), then a devkit for a new Xbox console is certified in South Korea last week, and now GTA6 has been delayed to 2026 due to development issues... It's looking more and more like there will be a new generation of consoles launching that year. I could be wrong, but that's what I'm getting from it. Isn't Elder Scrolls 6 coming that year as well?

I'm not surprised it was pushed back - I've been saying for ages that based on what I've seen in the trailers, that game isn't anywhere near ready to come out next year and I was correct.

11 hours ago, HowHammerYou said:

Last month Sony says that the PS5 is in the latter part of its life cycle (which seems to indicate a new console in 2026), then a devkit for a new Xbox console is certified in South Korea last week, and now GTA6 has been delayed to 2026 due to development issues... It's looking more and more like there will be a new generation of consoles launching that year. I could be wrong, but that's what I'm getting from it. Isn't Elder Scrolls 6 coming that year as well?

Yeah, Elder Scrolls 6 would be coming out around that time.

If GTA is lacking immediacy, then it opens the world for competitors……,,frog churp. ribbit. And no other developer churps in the crime driving world. That’s why GTA gets away with it. No competitors chirping and hopping to a lillypad. No competition means a pool of frogs hopping around. Rockstar owns the puddle of water. 

7 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

If GTA is lacking immediacy, then it opens the world for competitors……,,frog churp. ribbit. And no other developer churps in the crime driving world. That’s why GTA gets away with it. No competitors chirping and hopping to a lillypad. No competition means a pool of frogs hopping around. Rockstar owns the puddle of water. 

Unfortunately, Saints Row has been completely destroyed reputation-wise by subsequent failed launches. Drivr and others have been out of commission for decades so they don't really have any competition.

12 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Unfortunately, Saints Row has been completely destroyed reputation-wise by subsequent failed launches. Drivr and others have been out of commission for decades so they don't really have any competition.

Yeah, Saints Row is amazing entertainment and reaches beyond GTA in its satire, but the developer is now gone which leaves Rockstar on a high horse that doesn't buck. 

1 minute ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Yeah, Saints Row is amazing entertainment and reaches beyond GTA in its satire, but the developer is now gone which leaves Rockstar on a high horse that doesn't buck. 

I also never understood why Saints Row went the route of turning into a supernatural game with Saints Row IV. If I'm being honest, even though I liked some of the abilities, it kind of turned me away from Saints Row as a series.

13 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I also never understood why Saints Row went the route of turning into a supernatural game with Saints Row IV. If I'm being honest, even though I liked some of the abilities, it kind of turned me away from Saints Row as a series.

It's pure fantasy on the streets. They said, fuck reality. Things are so fucked up, let's mock a somber society. I will always love Saints Row for that, which few saw it. 

On 3/24/2024 at 3:54 PM, HowHammerYou said:

Perfectly said. They network in a way that they make changes that will bring more revenues to them. They worry less about what players want as long as they are making money from it.