Register Now
Kane99

Rumor: A Marvel FPS Could Be in Development

Source - https://gamerant.com/marvel-rivals-fps-netease-in-development/

These are just rumors, so take it with a grain of salt. The rumors state that an unnamed studio in China posted a job listing on LinkedIn looking to hire employees for an upcoming AAA title. It's rumored to be a Marvel FPS game called Marvel Rivals. They say the listing could be a company known as NetEase, who have in the past worked on previous Marvel themed mobile games. It's said that this new game will release on PC, Mobile and Consoles. 

Honestly, it would be kind of interesting to see what an Marvel FPS would be like. I was reminded of when DC did Gotham City Impostors on PC, and 360 (I think PS3 as well), which is a FPS style game in the world of DC/Batman. So I wonder if it would work similarly to that, being a online multiplayer FPS. 

I heard that Marvel shooter game was going to be a 6 V 6 Overwatch-style game - I already smell a massive failure for this Marvel game. This isn't the superhero game that most people would like.

6 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Official trailer for Marvel Rivals below, it's real:

Yeah. I saw the trailer earlier today. Honestly, it seems somewhat descent. Of course, I'd have to play it first but I do find it interesting. I thought it was going to be a straight shooter but the characters all have their signature movesets.