Register Now
killamch89

Which Video Games Have You Bought Several Times?

From the top of my head, these are the video games that I've bought/gotten several times:

• The original Metal Gear Solid and subsequent remakes.
  • Skyrim - several editions
  • Mortal Kombat Trilogy
  • GTA V

Which Video Games Have You Bought/Gotten Several Times?

The game I've bought the most copies of is probably Fallout: New Vegas (X360 standard, X360 Ultimate Edition, PC Ultimate Edition, and PS3 Ultimate Edition). Some others are:

Final Fantasy VII (PS3 digital, PS4 digital, Remake, and PC)

Fallout 3 (X360 GOTY, PC GOTY, and PS3 GOTY)

Kingdom Hearts (PS2, Japanese PS2 Final Mix, PS3 HD Remaster)

I own multiple versions of many Sonic the Hedgehog games, I own a few versions of Sonic 1 and 2 on the Genesis but I also own it via Mega Collection Plus, as well as Sonic Origins. I also own Sonic Unleashed both on the PS2 and Xbox 360, though the two are different enough since the PS2 version is missing the werehog stages. I have Sonic Adventure on the Dreamcast as well as the Gamecube, Steam, and Xbox 360. I own Sonic Colors Ultimate digitally and physically on the PS4, I got annoyed that I would have to wait until the evening to get my physical copy in the mail so I bought it digitally so I can play it early. I also own multiple copies of Sonic Mania as well as Sonic Forces, I have the original digital release of Mania on the Xbox One but I have Mania Plus on PS4 and a Switch double pack of Mania with Team Sonic Racing, and I have a physical copy of Sonic Forces on the switch via the double pack with Super Monkey Ball Deluxe. I'm wanting to own every Sonic game possible physically, which is why I have duplicates of a few games. I've also wanted to get the foreign versions of the Genesis titles, so I have a complete Canadian version of Sonic 1. (The box art is the same as the Pal region since Sega reused the Pal manual so they didn't have to reprint a multi-language manual.) I would love to get the Japanese titles since the box art looks super cool.

I also own multiple copies of Pokemon Yellow as well as Gold. Both copies of gold need new batteries, I just need to get some flux and practice on other things before attempting to replace the batteries in these games. I also have multiple copies of Teen Titans on console, I want to own it on Xbox so I can own every version of the game but it's too expensive on the Xbox for some reason. So I have it on PS2 as well as Gamecube. I also have Judge Dredd as well as Aahh! Real Monsters! on both the Sega genesis and Super Nintendo. Oh and I have multiple copies of Tetris on the NES, this was by mistake though since I got sent a copy last month in my retro game treasure box which I thought I had listed the game in my collection... Guess either I forgot to or they sent me a duplicate on accident.

I bought FFX multiple times because, for reason, the disk for that particular PS2 game kept going wrong. Other PS2 disks got damaged from time to time and needed replacing, but nothing like as often as FFX did. I also bought the remaster for both PC and console, so count those and I must have bought the game on 5 or 6 separate occasions.

Then there some of the usual suspects that launched again and again on new hardware with new updates like Skyrim, but I think my buy count for that sits at 4, which isn't bad.

On 3/31/2024 at 6:26 PM, Kyng said:

LEGO Racers and LEGO Rock Raiders are the only ones that come to mind. I bought them twice each, because the originals just wouldn't work on our Windows XP machine!

How many years ago was that? That sounds like a while back like in 2000s.

I've bought Star Wars KotOR and KotOR 2 at least three times each, I own the original Fable (As Fable, Fable: The Lost Chapters and Fable Anniversary) on Xbox, Xbox 360 and Steam, and I can't count how many times I've picked up the various Sonic 1, 2, 3 games and Mario Bros 1, 2 and 3.

On 4/5/2024 at 1:50 PM, Family sedan said:

I got NHL '99 once as a teen.  I lost that copy and years later bought another one.  I've actually come to hate the game because I feel like my skaters are slower than those of the other team.

That's so true. I remember those NHL games in the late 90's and it did feel like the skaters you controlled were slower for some reason.