Register Now
killamch89

How Do You Handle Gaming Frustration or Tough Levels?

Hi everyone! I'm curious about how you all deal with frustration when you hit a challenging level or get stuck in a game. Do you have any specific strategies or tips that help you stay calm and enjoy the game again?

Whenever I am frustrated from playing a particular game, I end up focusing more on finding out how I can get through via watching some gameplay on YouTube. Those clips have been helpful most of the time.

14 hours ago, Knight Barida said:

Whenever I am frustrated from playing a particular game, I end up focusing more on finding out how I can get through via watching some gameplay on YouTube. Those clips have been helpful most of the time.

Personally, I'll take a break from it and do something else and come back to it a bit later with a fresh outlook and I find that helps me to overcome most obstacles in a particular game.

Tough levels don’t frustrate me, before it gets to that I would have quit. It is usually hardware problems and glitches that frustrate me. If it is the game that is hard, I just consider it a challenge that I should overcome and put more effort. 

Whenever I play a game and find myself hitting a difficult part or struggling to get past a specific area, I always find walking away from the game for a few years, doing something else and then coming back and trying again helps me. 

I feel if you spend a lot of time going back when you are frustrated, you will never get past the part you are trying to. 

On 5/27/2024 at 1:04 PM, Lamarr the strelok said:

I usually try for a while and then look up a walkthrough to get past annoying/ difficult parts.I'm sooo dumb when it comes to even the most basic of puzzles in games.

You mean getting to the stage where you go on YouTube to see some videos or what exactly?  I know that there are some good gamers that run streams on social media platforms on different games.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Lamarr the strelok said:

I usually read walkthroughs. I don't have the best internet so it's easier to read walkthroughs than waiting for videos to load etc.

That is interesting. So, with walkthrough, you are able to finish more games with ease, right? I always thought finishing the games step by step is the better move to make though.

Edited by Knight Barida

On 5/26/2024 at 6:42 AM, Kennysplash said:

Tough levels don’t frustrate me, before it gets to that I would have quit. It is usually hardware problems and glitches that frustrate me. If it is the game that is hard, I just consider it a challenge that I should overcome and put more effort. 

Same here - although, I have met up on a few challenges in a couple of games that made me have to take a break. There was a level in Crash Banicoot called The High Road. It was so frustrating to play!