Register Now
Shortie861

Thoughts on an Xbox Handheld?

Something I have always hoped for being a huge fan of Xbox but it's never actually happened is one day Xbox bringing out their own handheld. Could you imagine being able to play your Xbox games on the go using a handheld?! How amazing would that be.

So far, Microsoft only seem to want to stick with console systems at the moment and does not seem to have ventured over to the handheld side of things like many other console companies have done such as Nintendo and Sony.

What are your thoughts? Would an Xbox Handheld be something you would like to see in the near future and do you feel we stand a chance of seeing one at all? 

I'd love to see Xbox do a handheld but I'm probably in the minority (I adore handhelds). I can't see MS doing it, though. I think they're gonna be doubling down on the next Xbox (Scarlet is the codename, right?) But, yeah, if they released an Xbox handheld, I'd probably get one.

On 11/19/2018 at 2:26 PM, DylanC said:

I'd love to see Xbox do a handheld but I'm probably in the minority (I adore handhelds). I can't see MS doing it, though. I think they're gonna be doubling down on the next Xbox (Scarlet is the codename, right?) But, yeah, if they released an Xbox handheld, I'd probably get one.

I agree with what you said regarding Microsoft not going through with it because they'll be focusing on the new Xbox. In addition to that, releasing a handheld console is not very feasible since they'd have to concentrate a huge amount of resources and effort into marketing it and most people nowadays are not really keen on carrying around a handheld device just for gaming especially if that's all it is capable of.

I think my opinion is that if it becomes profitable for them to sell handheld while having mobile then sure  they may able to make it. But if mobile games seems to be more profitable it is waste of time and money to invest into it as a handheld. I don't see much value in it.