Register Now
StaceyPowers

Bioshock Infinite Questions After Finishing (Spoilers)

Please note: SPOILERS below.

I just wrapped up my first playthrough of Bioshock Infinite. I am pretty sure there are no solid answers to these questions, but if anyone has anything they’d like to chime in, please do.

Here are some things I’m unclear about:

1-Why did Booker only lose his memory while crossing between universes at the start of the game? Why not on other crosses?

2-What is the significance of his nosebleed? I get that he is dead in other realities … but we all are.

3-What are the implications of the after-credits scene? All I can come up with is that this is a surviving Booker and Anna (or a series of them) who splintered off before the baptism event (in other words, he never went there).

4-Was he drowned before or after he made the actual “decision” about the baptism? (I don’t think there is really any way to confirm when in time the “decision point” occurred) In other words, did this kill Comstock and Booker, or just Comstock?

Wow, I totally forgot about all those questions I had too back when I played the game. I watched some theory videos but it was long ago and cannot remember. I must replay it ASAP. However, about #4, i believe it kills both. That's why it was a real decision which impacted us too. Otherwise it would be ok let's just kill Comstock. You should also play the DLC, it might have some interesting information on your questions. I suggest you play the previous games before that though 😛

About 3, now that I remembered, the saying was there will always be a man and a lighthouse and a city etc. I believe this one was more of a clifhanger for something in the future since it's a neverending cycle and the decision actually didn't impact the whole scheme behind the story.

6 hours ago, Katri Marcell said:

You should also play the DLC, it might have some interesting information on your questions. I suggest you play the previous games before that though 😛

That's my plan :)

6 hours ago, Katri Marcell said:

About 3, now that I remembered, the saying was there will always be a man and a lighthouse and a city etc. I believe this one was more of a clifhanger for something in the future since it's a neverending cycle and the decision actually didn't impact the whole scheme behind the story.

I didn't think about it that way. Interesting idea. In other words, even a splinter of Booker and Anna that broke off before the baptism/drowning decision could still end up leading similar lives.

On 12/2/2018 at 6:19 PM, StaceyPowers said:

That's my plan 🙂

I didn't think about it that way. Interesting idea. In other words, even a splinter of Booker and Anna that broke off before the baptism/drowning decision could still end up leading similar lives.

You just cannot stop going on about it can you? 🤣 I can't blame you at all especially when the story is extremely good.

1-Thats a good question, I'm not sure, probably only happens in the versions when he stays as Booker

2-As to what I understand it means that you dont belong in that dimension or a version of you died in that dimension.

3-I agree , this is probably a version where Anna didnt died and Booker never became Comstock, its infinite possibilities 

4- I was discussing this with my girlfriend yesterday, why didnt they killed him when he was a baby, probably they tried killing Booker as a kid but that didnt worked, so the actual problem or question was "when" to kill him since that would unleash a butterfly effect, it seems that killing him during the baptism was the only way of getting rid of Comstock for good.

Edited by kingpotato