Register Now
kingpotato

Your thoughts on the Monster Hunter franchaise

I just recently got Monster hunter 3 Ultimate on my 3ds and I have to say it was very disappointing , I was expecting better a game.
The game is good, and its very complete, its perfect combination between RPG and action/adventure, but its not that good as everybody says. I think what disappointed me the most was the combat, I think I was expecting more like a beat'em up style. Still I have only played around 5-6 hours at the most

Does it get good as you progress more or what do you guys think of this franchise ?

Monster Hunter isn't a game for the casual player. It has always had a steep learning curve and you have to plan your monster hunts very precisely or risk getting wiped out. That being said, it is one of the most rewarding experiences when you develop some expertise in this game. I love Monster Hunter despite how difficult it is to get into and I can understand why people stay clear of it or get turned off by its difficulty.

15 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Monster Hunter isn't a game for the casual player. It has always had a steep learning curve and you have to plan your monster hunts very precisely or risk getting wiped out. That being said, it is one of the most rewarding experiences when you develop some expertise in this game. I love Monster Hunter despite how difficult it is to get into and I can understand why people stay clear of it or get turned off by its difficulty.

Yeah its definitively not for the casual player, it took me about 2 hours just to understand most of the game (gameplay, menu, items etc) I already paid for it so I guess I will keep playing it from time to time and see if it grows on me.

28 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Yeah its definitively not for the casual player, it took me about 2 hours just to understand most of the game (gameplay, menu, items etc) I already paid for it so I guess I will keep playing it from time to time and see if it grows on me.

Don't worry. It will but you have to give yourself time and you'll also discover things that weren't covered in the tutorial for the game.