Register Now
Alexander.

Ethernet or Wireless

Internet connection  

4 members have voted

1. 1. What do you prefer

• Ethernet
    • Wireless

For me, it's definitely ethernet because the connection will always be stable and consistent. Wi-fi can be disrupted by a good number of machines in your house such as the microwave. To extend it's range you will need a wifi expander or several wi-fi expanders if your home is huge. Yes, the lack of mobility is a disadvantage but considering that I mainly game on my desktop which is also stationary, I don't that much of an issue.

I think these days laptops, and tablets come with support for both wireless and ethernet. So you can pretty much connect either way depending on what you have around. I'd say that Ethernet is pretty good for the stable connection. And wireless is good if you have need for connection bigger than 3G. So that kind of pretty much get you to work on most of the connection issues.

1 hour ago, skyfire said:

I think these days laptops, and tablets come with support for both wireless and ethernet. So you can pretty much connect either way depending on what you have around. I'd say that Ethernet is pretty good for the stable connection. And wireless is good if you have need for connection bigger than 3G. So that kind of pretty much get you to work on most of the connection issues.

I have both at home but I mainly use the ethernet if I am at my work area with my laptop. Otherwise, I use the Wi-fi if I carry my laptop to my room.

6 minutes ago, UleTheVee said:

A lot of fighting games and shooters require peer-to-peer connections to work properly. As such, it's better to have an Ethernet connection to have the most stable connection.

Even a lot of regular PC programs require a stable internet connection to function effectively.