Register Now
Alexander.

DDoS Attacks In-Game

DDoS threats are common whist playing multi-player. Some just like trolling but then others take to the extreme by acting on there threats and turning them into a promise. How do you deal with this? Has a hacker/modder ever  managed to trace and take down your internet connection, what do you to prevent this from happening? Luckily for me it's never happened and I hope to keep it this way. 

11 hours ago, xXInfectedXx said:

DDoS threats are common whist playing multi-player. Some just like trolling but then others take to the extreme by acting on there threats and turning them into a promise. How do you deal with this? Has a hacker/modder ever  managed to trace and take down your internet connection, what do you to prevent this from happening? Luckily for me it's never happened and I hope to keep it this way. 

It hasn't happened to me personally but I have played multiple MMOs and seen take down a whole server.

On 1/15/2019 at 1:28 AM, UleTheVee said:

Well, I haven't been DDoS'd in my entire career and that's saying something

You've turned gaming into a career, how? Alternatively, is gaming just an interest rather than a full time self employed job? Either way, do you have any prevention strategies to prevent a Disturbed Denial of Service Attack? Prevention is better than cure and the best way is to ignore the internet trolls in the first place, in my opinion.

Edited by xXInfectedXx

5 hours ago, xXInfectedXx said:

You've turned gaming into a career, how? Alternatively, is gaming just an interest rather than a full time self employed job? Either way, do you have any prevention strategies to prevent a Disturbed Denial of Service Attack? Prevention is better than cure and the best way is to ignore the internet trolls in the first place, in my opinion.

I play many games competitively and I'm a game journalist

16 hours ago, UleTheVee said:

I play many games competitively and I'm a game journalist

What video games do you play "competitively? Are you a self employed freelance game journalist or do you work for a business? If so, which company and is this your primary source of income? I'd like to get paid for what I enjoy most, Gaming. Turning a hobby into a Job is anyone's dream. 

Edited by xXInfectedXx

8 hours ago, xXInfectedXx said:

What video games do you play "competitively? Are you a self employed freelance game journalist or do you work for a business? If so, which company and is this your primary source of income? I'd like to get paid for what I enjoy most, Gaming. Turning a hobby into a Job is anyone's dream. 

I played Overwatch, TF2, Smash, Street IV, Street V, Tekken 7, and DBFZ.

Currently I am playing BBTAG and Smash competitively and organize tournaments.

As for how I work, well, I'm a freelance journalist who takes benefit from the awful economy of his country. If you are in the states, I will tell you that taking gaming journalism will be hell on earth.

1 hour ago, UleTheVee said:

I played Overwatch, TF2, Smash, Street IV, Street V, Tekken 7, and DBFZ.

Currently I am playing BBTAG and Smash competitively and organize tournaments.

As for how I work, well, I'm a freelance journalist who takes benefit from the awful economy of his country. If you are in the states, I will tell you that taking gaming journalism will be hell on earth.

Sounds awesome but how often do you hold these tournaments? Team Fortress 2 is a pretty solid one and I haven't played any of the more recent Street Fighter games.

I personally have not faced any such while playing the game. I am guessing the lag experienced in the PUBG and the Fortnite has something to do with it? I am guessing many chinese players tend to do DDOS in order to win the game. I am not sure how the attacks affect in the game as well. I guess such things often happen when the gamers prefer cheating over fairplay.