Register Now
UleTheVee

VGR/Choosingbeggars

So, here's my choosing beggar story now that I am not as busy as I was before.

I wanted to sell a camera over mercadolibre (Mexico's eBay). I had a guy who lived near my location and he told me if I could go and get the product sold at the posted price at some random apartment building. This was suspicious but I managed to get him to go to the nearest crowded park. He agreed and went to the place, I made sure to be somewhere full of people. Coincidentally, my best friend was also hanging around near the area so we sit down and start talking while we waited for the guy to come by.

So in comes the choosing beggar. The guy was skinny and he was a bit taller than me but not my friend. The very first thing the guy asks is about the quality the camera's in (As in, how long has it been used and such). I show him the goods and the guy said that it definitely looks good (keep this in mind). I take my camera back and the guy tells me that he is going to the bank to complete the transaction (Apparently coming to a place to pay for something without money is what's hip these days).

My friend and I immediately were a bit skeptical about the guy, mostly because he looked a bit shady and not completely sound minded. We shrugged it off and waited for him to go and wihdraw the money. The guy comes back and then he said that he wants the camera he paid for. I was like "Excuse me, what?"

The guy started telling me that he made the payment online through my mercadolibre listing. I told him that this wasn't the case because the guy told me to negotiate the deal here. The guy continued insisting and at one point he wanted to even snag the camera from my hands. My friend stopped him and told him that there must be a way to get things straightened out. I told him that my phone has the Mercadolibre app and so I showed him the conversation we had and that he effectively never paid for anything through the listing.

CB started going on and on about how he made the payment and shit until after a while he started to tell me that he didn't have any money but really needed my camera for his family. At that point, I already knew where this was going.The guy wanted to get the camera from me all along for free and I was just going to deliver it to his house so I could literally have no choice but to give it to him.

So what do I do? Well, I tell my friend that we should go to Cex to sell the camera. The CB started even asking me for the bus fee back to his home, not even kidding there. Apparently because I wasted his time with a badly shaped camera, I owed him the money for a fucking bus fee. My friend and I laughed our asses off and then we went to Cex and I got around half the asking price I wanted for the camera.

I didn't really care, because I was done trying to sell my camera secondhand. And so, the story ends with me meeting a choosing beggar who wanted to steal from me. Go fucking figure.

19 hours ago, Cleopatra92 said:

Wow that story is crazy! I would have called the police if it were me lol. That's just scary! Glad you and your friend got rid of him though lol. 

Unlike the US, The police in Mexico are a bunch of incompetent twats who don't even deserve to be called protectors. So yeah. Calling the police was out of question.

14 hours ago, mont86 said:

New to me also. And not surprised at all by your story.. These people are all over the world.  Meet buyers similar to that..

If you have similar buyer stories, you should tell them over here. That's why the forum was made, amirite? :3

Selling antique salt and pepper shaker on ebay, made of clay.. Lady buys and receives them, then puts them in the dishwasher, where it ruins them and then wants het money back.. Filed a grievance through ebay,, Ebay ended up paying her back.

Another buyer of a sugar dish said it wasn't in as good a condition as I stated.. Ended sending a rose vase .. I couldn't prove she was lying..

Bought a mechanics manual of a message board , first response gets it, which was me.. Guy when sending says he was harassed by other members that wanted it, and he should send it to them. I did ask if I was the first one to PM and want to buy it ? He said I was..

I have more.. hahah But I've been around longer.. hahaha