Register Now
Alexander.

Cloud Storage

Some of us don't have enough storage on our devices to store images, videos or thumbnails to be edited at a later date for uploading on social media websites, YouTube for example.  What free cloud storage do you use and why? By using Google Drive, you can receive a free 15GB, a massive 15,000MB of free storage all for free. Personally, I use Drive and as the online service provides ease of access to my files stored allowing me to retrieve them anytime I need for editing gaming videos for my YouTube Channel. I erase the content from Google after I'm finished creating the YouTube Video giving me more space for anymore documents I wish to upload onto Google Drive. 

Edited by xXInfectedXx

I was using dropbox up until last year when I got hacked and that taught me a valuable lesson that using free cloud storage is basically asking for trouble. I have since moved on to P-cloud which has bank level encryption and is very safe and works with a lot of programs. It is highly rated among lots of business professionals including content creators so I urge you to check it out. The paid subscription I purchased is the $95 dollars per year package which gives you 2 Tb of storage although you can purchase a lifetime subscription for $350 dollars which as a content creator is a very worthwhile investment. pCloud

I prefer Google Drive because I have android. So backing up the Android game data is lot easier. Plus the cloud options on android do allow settings storage. So it's not that bad with the Google drive offering 5-15 GB free. I may avoid storing the games on the storage online though. i think steam does a good job on the cloud storage.

On 1/30/2019 at 9:02 AM, skyfire said:

I prefer Google Drive because I have android. So backing up the Android game data is lot easier. Plus the cloud options on android do allow settings storage. So it's not that bad with the Google drive offering 5-15 GB free. I may avoid storing the games on the storage online though. i think steam does a good job on the cloud storage.

I think in his case though, he needs a very reliable and safe service because Google drive and Dropbox suffer lots of hacks every year and archiving his Youtube videos are a priority. As a Youtuber, you don't know what can happen to your channel at any moment.

There was definitely dropbox hype. And I managed to move from dropbox to Google Drive. I can tell you that OneDrive seems to be good option for the storage too. These days either Google Drive or the OneDrive is effective enough on many counts. No other online storage site is worth that much focus anymore. Atleast not now. 

On 2/2/2019 at 12:59 AM, skyfire said:

There was definitely dropbox hype. And I managed to move from dropbox to Google Drive. I can tell you that OneDrive seems to be good option for the storage too. These days either Google Drive or the OneDrive is effective enough on many counts. No other online storage site is worth that much focus anymore. Atleast not now. 

It depends on what you use it for or how much security you need.