Register Now
Alexander.

Best Anti-Virus for Gaming

I use my Acer Gaming Laptop and my primary use for it is, Gaming. My Norton Security Standard has just expired but I have a week to decide if I want to renew my subscription for another year. Would me renewing or does anyone have any suggestions for an alternative Anti-VIrus? I found Norton slowed the processing speeds and the CPU. At the moment, I'm using the free Windows Defender that is, is this enough protection? I'm looking for some good video game deals, any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. 

For me the Norton gives too many lags. And on that note I prefer to use either AVG free or the Avast. I have found AVG to be lot better. And there seems to be quick and free updates too. I can't pay for something which is free these days. I also think that for those using the Microsoft, the default security essentials is not bad either. I'd definitely consider using that if I were to not purchase any premium anti virus. 

Microsoft security defender isn't really half bad and it is free so you can use that but my personal preference is Bitdefender. It covers everything from malware to phishing software - nothing can escape detection and it only costs me $44.99 a year for the service.

4 minutes ago, UleTheVee said:

The Windows Defender has managed to shut me up in just a few days. It definitely is amazing for what it sets out to do and then some. I amply recommend it over most antivirus programs these days.

It is very efficient and accurate at what it does and it doesn't slow down your machine significantly like some others I know *Cough*AVG*Cough*