Register Now
StaceyPowers

Any advice for starting first RDR playthrough?

Take your time. I don't want to say a lot regarding this because it's going to spoil things but for me, I would have preferred to take my time with the story and maybe explore everything else. I didn't want the game to be ruined so I slightly rushed it by just doing the main missions which I regret. I'm actually starting a second playthrough now so that I can go more slowly this time.

9 minutes ago, DarthHazard said:

Take your time. I don't want to say a lot regarding this because it's going to spoil things but for me, I would have preferred to take my time with the story and maybe explore everything else. I didn't want the game to be ruined so I slightly rushed it by just doing the main missions which I regret. I'm actually starting a second playthrough now so that I can go more slowly this time.

I still haven't finished the game yet though - I am taking my sweet time with it.

23 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

Lol, I started last night. I can barely ride, hahah. I'm terrible. Any tips? Turning the horse seems oddly challenging, like steering a grocery cart.

You will get better with time ,try to find a pace while sprinting , if you sprint to quickly the horse will get tired and try not to do a quick turn like a car in gta V

On 2/4/2019 at 4:57 PM, StaceyPowers said:

Lol, I started last night. I can barely ride, hahah. I'm terrible. Any tips? Turning the horse seems oddly challenging, like steering a grocery cart.

When trying to feed NPCs to wild animals please ensure that you actually try to get out of sight as quickly as possible because the bears and alligators are way more resistant to bullets than their real-life counterparts and they can kill you very quickly.

It depends what you're using to shoot them and where you are shooting them. I'm sure it's realistic although I can't say that with certainty because I've never done it in real life lol. If you use the Deadeye ability and shoot animals like bears and alligator in the spots coloured red, then most of the time, they will go down in just one shot.