Register Now
Alexander.

Paying with your phone

We've all done it, we've left our wallet at home or even worse, lost it. Do you have Apple/Android Pay or another alternative payment method which allows you pay with your phone on the card reader? Barclay Cards aren't compatible with such services so Barclays have installed a contactless mobile payment system into their App for customers to use. My opinion is it's quick and easy to use but dangerous amounts of money can be spent if you have no control.

Edited by xXInfectedXx

17 hours ago, xXInfectedXx said:

We've all done it, we've left our wallet at home or even worse, lost it. Do you have Apple/Android Pay or another alternative payment method which allows you pay with your phone on the card reader? Barclay Cards aren't compatible with such services so Barclays have installed a contactless mobile payment system into their App for customers to use. My opinion is it's quick and easy to use but dangerous amounts of money can be spent if you have no control.

Android/Apple Pay isn't available in my country so I use a service called Leupay Wallet to pay with my phone. I do find it quite convenient not having to always have to use cash/my credit card/debit card for purchases.

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

What does Vipps stand for?

Nothing in particular. In Norwegian it's a term used for something quick, like "voila" or "presto". So it's meant to indicate it's a very instant way of paying.

I am using the phone wallets to pay most of the time. And for me that works out for the small purchases. It can be pretty expensive to use cash most of the times. So saving the cashbacks in wallets can be a good option. If there are no cashback option, there does not seem to be need for using those phone wallets. I think there are many phone wallets already out there. 

On 2/2/2019 at 1:41 AM, skyfire said:

I am using the phone wallets to pay most of the time. And for me that works out for the small purchases. It can be pretty expensive to use cash most of the times. So saving the cashbacks in wallets can be a good option. If there are no cashback option, there does not seem to be need for using those phone wallets. I think there are many phone wallets already out there. 

In first world countries, there tends to be a huge amount of choices but in the case of my country, not so many at all. I only use my phone wallets in an emergency situation and nothing else.