Register Now
skyfire

Do you think PS5 will have price increase?

We are in different time now than the PS3 and PS4. And now a days we don't need CD. We are more relying on the Wifi and DLC than anything. So I am wondering is there any chance that Sony would increase the price of the new box? I think it's possible that they end up supporting more things and may increase the prices?

What do you think price increase or decrease?

it will maybe stay within the 399.99 price range. I dont think physical discs will become obsolete yet at least not for this next generation. There are rumors of an Xbox one coming this year for digital games only, cheaper since it will not have an optical disc drive.

I think there's a possibility that it'll come in a little higher than the PS4/XB1. That said, if I had to bet, I think the PS5 will be $399/£349 like this gen's consoles. Like @kingpotato, I've heard Microsoft are going to have a digital-only, budget SKU of their console which'll be interesting to see.

Edited by DylanC

@DylanC thats true I could be wrong, Sony might get arrogant due to the success of the PS4 and add a higher price tag, and of course better technology means expensive components so that could also be a factor. But I dont think they will make the same mistake like with the PS3 (599.99 dollars launch price)

I think 599 USD would be too costly considering more and more people are moving towards PC. It can get you lot better PC at that cost. So it can be pretty interesting to see how market responds to that price rise though. I think having better configuration is going to be the attractive part. And so that's what I am looking for to justify higher price. 

1 minute ago, skyfire said:

I think 599 USD would be too costly considering more and more people are moving towards PC. It can get you lot better PC at that cost. So it can be pretty interesting to see how market responds to that price rise though. I think having better configuration is going to be the attractive part. And so that's what I am looking for to justify higher price. 

Oh I didnt say that it could cost 599.99, that was the price of the PS3 at launch and it was big mistake by Sony back then, As I mentioned I dont think they will make the same mistake. Even the Xbox one X had a 499.99 limit.

499 sounds like Christmas offer. Who knows they could get it released during the Christmas and it may surely work out during that time. I have not tried it much though, but yeah we will see that in near future.