Register Now
StaceyPowers

Is There a Trick to Object Placement In Skyrim?

So this is an ancient issue, but I’ve never found a reliable answer on it, and I’m still searching.

For some dumb reason, all objects in Skyrim have a tendency to flip over when you’re moving them so that they are “butter-side-down” (except apple pie, for whatever reason).

I’ve heard people say “use corners” to turn the objects the right direction, but I’ve only found this to be slightly useful (maybe I’m doing it wrong?). I saw a video once too where a guy used his sword to knock an object into the right orientation, but I can’t make that work at all.

Anyone got any good tricks to share?

On a related note, any advice for placing objects in Fallout 3 or New Vegas is more than welcome as well.

Unfortunately you would need to install a modification. By installing a mod, you could damage your game files or risk getting your platform infected by a virus. Download at your own caution. Brodual will be explaining about the Jaxonz Positioner plug in and where to download it. Here is a direct download link.  Hope this helps. Reply to this topic if you need any further assistance and I'll do my best to help you get your issue resolved in Skyrim. 

On 12/18/2018 at 8:10 AM, xXInfectedXx said:

Unfortunately you would need to install a modification. By installing a mod, you could damage your game files or risk getting your platform infected by a virus. Download at your own caution. Brodual will be explaining about the Jaxonz Positioner plug in and where to download it. Here is a direct download link.  Hope this helps. Reply to this topic if you need any further assistance and I'll do my best to help you get your issue resolved in Skyrim. 

Or Alternately, there is Cobb's Positioner as well on the Nexus. Personally, I use both to place my objects because some mods might be compatible with one positioner but not the other.

Just now, killamch89 said:

Or Alternately, there is Cobb's Positioner as well on the Nexus. Personally, I use both to place my objects because some mods might be compatible with one positioner but not the other.

People really have to keep fixing Bethesda's games huh... This is so awful in retrospective

21 hours ago, UleTheVee said:

People really have to keep fixing Bethesda's games huh... This is so awful in retrospective

I totally agree with you on this one. Bethesda keeps releasing half-ready games and depends on its modding community to fill in the gaps and then screws us over again with a later release. In some aspects, their customer policy is just as bad as EA but they aren't as stupid to bash their customers as EA does.