Register Now
Jayson

Do y'all feel the new country is lame?

Some people are claiming country pop is being passed as country.  Now, while I agree that is the case, that doesn't mean it's bad, necessarily - only that "country pop" should have a different name - not country.   Anyway, at least country pop doesn't sound that bad - and  I haven't heard anything at all interesting in other genres,  generally.  I mean, what?  Nickleback?  Another hard rock Phil Collins or George Michael remake?

Edited by Jayson

On 4/5/2019 at 12:37 AM, killamch89 said:

Modern music, in general, is so lame nowadays. I find myself listening to songs from the early 2000s and beyond. When musicians actually put a lot of effort into the quality of their music.

Why do you think it has become that way?  Has the incentive to make music went down?   Is non-lame talent simply being hidden from view?  What is going on?

I love music alot, I nearly went into music during my teen age, but I got no support and courage which could've propelled me to making a career in music. Music gives me inspiration beyond my imagination that keeps me awake when I am doing something serious in my life online.