Register Now
UleTheVee

This is NOT okay

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

EA has always been like this. It just goes to show that EA's anti-consumer practices have been around for at least a decade - It is just now that gamers are aware of the practices.

The problem is that this is not exclusive to EA. This is a problem that happens in the industry as a whole and it's not okay.

I certainly can't wait for the moment @Alyxx attempts to defend a game she can't play anymore -cough-

6 hours ago, UleTheVee said:

The problem is that this is not exclusive to EA. This is a problem that happens in the industry as a whole and it's not okay.

I certainly can't wait for the moment @Alyxx attempts to defend a game she can't play anymore -cough-

Are you talking about Anthem? The game that is even WORSE than Fallout 76? I never expected it'd surpass Fallout 76 in terms of being the crappiest game made in 2018/19. It takes something special to outdo Fallout 76 and keep it out of the spotlight.

35 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Are you talking about Anthem? The game that is even WORSE than Fallout 76? I never expected it'd surpass Fallout 76 in terms of being the crappiest game made in 2018/19. It takes something special to outdo Fallout 76 and keep it out of the spotlight.

I don't think Anthem is a horrid game or worse than FO76.

76 is basically what happens when you release a broken game with none of the core mechanics that defined it. Anthem is a perfectly functional game in its own right (minus the accidental bricking which.. In case you didn't know, happened even with the latest Kingdom Hearts game. So this isn't exclusive to Anthem). The reason why Anthem fails is because playing it is often unrewarding.

It's a disappointing game, not a trainwreck.

14 hours ago, Alyxx said:

Hey, Anthem is awesome and I still stand by that.

I knew you would respond...we can agree to disagree because what I see it as is EA being lazy and just selling an incomplete product for premium prices and adding micro-transactions on top of that.

8 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I knew you would respond...we can agree to disagree because what I see it as is EA being lazy and just selling an incomplete product for premium prices and adding micro-transactions on top of that.

What microtransactions? Everything in the game can be purchased using in-game money so technically they are 100% optional... AND they have been transparent about that since before the game launched...

2 minutes ago, Alyxx said:

What microtransactions? Everything in the game can be purchased using in-game money so technically they are 100% optional... AND they have been transparent about that since before the game launched...

The cost of the cosmetic items I mean...the loot drop rate thing really rubbed me the wrong way as well.

2 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

The cost of the cosmetic items I mean...the loot drop rate thing really rubbed me the wrong way as well.

Even then I fail to see how that is such a huge issue it makes the entire game horrible?

Just now, Alyxx said:

Even then I fail to see how that is such a huge issue it makes the entire game horrible?

My hatred for EA runs deep...It probably is a decent game but I stay far from anything associated with EA just because I know they will try to shaft me at some point

Just now, killamch89 said:

My hatred for EA runs deep...It probably is a decent game but I stay far from anything associated with EA just because I know they will try to shaft me at some point

That is a pretty stupid reason in my opinion cause it means you will miss out on a lot of potentially great games cause while I don't defend their practices in any way, I still treat games on a game-to-game basis regardless of the publisher.

4 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Wow, is that not too much to say about EA games? To some good extent, they have done a great job in my opinion.