Register Now
StaceyPowers

The Outer Worlds - PAX East 2019 Gameplay Demo Walkthrough

Thought I would share this. 

I see a lot of people complaining that it looks like a combination of New Vegas and Bioshock.

Funny, because that's exactly why I am excited by it. I love the aesthetics, and NV in my opinion plays better than most of Bethesda's games, and it seems clear that Obsidian is what made the difference. 

So pumped for this game. Microsoft were wise to snatch up Obsidian, though I'm glad the game was so far along, that it's still coming to the PS4 (my platform of choice these days). Definitely getting a lot of New Vegas vibes from it (same dev and all that). Can't wait for it!

1 hour ago, DylanC said:

So pumped for this game. Microsoft were wise to snatch up Obsidian, though I'm glad the game was so far along, that it's still coming to the PS4 (my platform of choice these days). Definitely getting a lot of New Vegas vibes from it (same dev and all that). Can't wait for it!

This is one of several games that makes me wish I had space in my home for multiple consoles. I'm so excited for this one, yet I know I will be waiting ... If there's any chance of PS5 being backwards compatible, getting a PS4 just makes no sense at this point of time for me.

Too bad Epic games had to get their grubby little paws on this game because I was really looking forward to playing it. I guess I'll have to wait until next year then when it is on Steam because there is no way I am going to re-download that piece of spyware known as the Epic games launcher.

3 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

What did it do?

Basically, their launcher is scanning the files on your computer without your permission collecting information on you. A Reddit user pointed brought it to everyone's attention and Epic Games confessed to it but tried to make it seem like it wasn't a really big deal. Steam even demanded a response from Epic Games as to who gave them permission to scan their Steam files.

15 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Basically, their launcher is scanning the files on your computer without your permission collecting information on you. A Reddit user pointed brought it to everyone's attention and Epic Games confessed to it but tried to make it seem like it wasn't a really big deal. Steam even demanded a response from Epic Games as to who gave them permission to scan their Steam files.

Wow, that's really really bad.

7 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

Wow, that's really really bad.

Yep, that's basically when I stopped playing Fortnite as well - just so I can avoid using the launcher. In addition to that, their store UI is buggy and lacks a lot of basic features and is basically one big mess.

20 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Looks promising, if it ends up as good as New Vegas I will definitely purchase it. It will be a disappointment if it ends up like Anthem or Fallout 76.

It shouldn't. It's been developed by Obsidian, not Bethesda. Obsidian is the reason NV stands out in so many respects. If they put that same care into this, it should be great.

59 minutes ago, StaceyPowers said:

It shouldn't. It's been developed by Obsidian, not Bethesda. Obsidian is the reason NV stands out in so many respects. If they put that same care into this, it should be great.

True but I meant like the hype-disappointing game, I'm weak for open-free world type games so I'm looking forward to it.

21 hours ago, kingpotato said:

True but I meant like the hype-disappointing game, I'm weak for open-free world type games so I'm looking forward to it.

Ah right. I took what you said too literally (I'm told I do that a lot, lol). Hype truly is a double-edged sword.

On 4/7/2019 at 2:41 PM, StaceyPowers said:

Ah right. I took what you said too literally (I'm told I do that a lot, lol). Hype truly is a double-edged sword.

Its alright I didnt explained myself correctly as well. I'm still wondering how big is this game going to be.

53 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Its alright I didnt explained myself correctly as well. I'm still wondering how big is this game going to be.

Me too. I was really surprised by how well they maintained the quality of NV despite how large that game is. Then again, they scaled down on quantity in other respects (i.e. fewer companions, but more substance to them).

Just now, StaceyPowers said:

Me too. I was really surprised by how well they maintained the quality of NV despite how large that game is. Then again, they scaled down on quantity in other respects (i.e. fewer companions, but more substance to them).

True , in a way New vegas felt smaller than Fallout 3 but much more polished, And I still prefer New Vegas over Fallout 3.