Register Now
StaceyPowers

Should all games have an "easy" mode?

Just now, UleTheVee said:

It HAS happened A LOT then over the course of history. Plenty of games "Easy modes" have condescended the players of the mode. From Twisted Metal 2 gating off Easy Players from playing the rest of the game to Valkyrie Profile's Easy Mode actually being THE HARDEST MODE IN THE GAME.

I'm sorry to hear that, that is not what I'm suggesting should happen, at least that is not my intention. I think we should keep the super-extra-fantastically hard mode that we can all train towards achieving, though some in vain.  

Just now, LadyDay said:

I'm sorry to hear that, that is not what I'm suggesting should happen, at least that is not my intention. I think we should keep the super-extra-fantastically hard mode that we can all train towards achieving, though some in vain.  

And there are games that exactly cater towards those wishes of yours! Hell, off the top of my head I can recommend games like Shadow of the Tomb Raider (Or the Tomb Raider remake games in general), Resident Evil 2, the aforementioned Devil May Cry 5. Just because you miss out on ONE GAME doesn't mean you'll be without games to play right?

So yeah, nothing elitist, nothing "optional", nothing of the sort. It's just thaty some developers are okay with their playerbase consisting of people who enjoy hard games. Like seriously, you talk about how people are "Snowflakes" because they don't want their games to be taken away from them. But do you think the view of the developer should be violated in order to cater towards someone who probably won't enjoy the game? What happens to the people who can't even enjoy the Easy mode once it gets added? DOes that mean the developers wasted their time?

Just now, UleTheVee said:

So yeah, it's not Elitism, it's not "Need", it's simply a game that a developer wants certain players to play. Not everyone.

So tough shit for me I guess? Guess that's just my lot in life. 

Dammit @StaceyPowers, you got me into a discussion! 😄

Just now, LadyDay said:

So tough shit for me I guess? Guess that's just my lot in life. 

Dammit @StaceyPowers, you got me into a discussion! 😄

A forum is a place for discussion and you'll meet people who do not agree with you.

Also.. Yeah.. I mean, there are games that I simply cannot play for the life of me like the Tohou games (or any bullet hell game for that matter) because they cause motion sickness to me. You know what I do? I turn back and play the games I can actually enjoy and play. I don't know why that's a hard concept to grasp.

2 minutes ago, UleTheVee said:

And there are games that exactly cater towards those wishes of yours!

I realise that. However I have my heart absolutely set on a couple of specific games where I fear that even their easy mode is too hard. One being The Witcher 3. What I'm trying to say is that some games are so unique it's not possible to just go play something else equivalent. 

2 minutes ago, UleTheVee said:

A forum is a place for discussion and you'll meet people who do not agree with you.

It is. I'm just scared to death of conflict. What if you suddenly don't like me as a person? 😄 (I know it's silly. Hence my engaging in discussion anyway.)

Just now, LadyDay said:

It is. I'm just scared to death of conflict. What if you suddenly don't like me as a person? 😄 (I know it's silly. Hence my engaging in discussion anyway.)

It is... Because I don't think any less of you for thinking the opposite of what I think. We're just having friendly debate and that's all that matters.

3 minutes ago, UleTheVee said:

That's what I've been telling you! >:V

I think that not catering to everybody should mean not catering to everyone's taste, thus letting people voluntarily exclude themselves rather than forcing exclusion on people who would actually really like to play the game in question.

II disagree with @DylanC too I think, assuming he means "not catering to everyone" to mean "exclude people who would like to play it".

Edited by LadyDay

6 minutes ago, UleTheVee said:

It is... Because I don't think any less of you for thinking the opposite of what I think. We're just having friendly debate and that's all that matters.

Thank you for the reassurance 🙂