Jump to content
Register Now
Bodrey

Max Payne won't launch

Recommended Posts

Feeling nostalgic to play one of my favorite FPS games - Max Payne. I installed it on my Windows 7 64-bit PC but when I try to launch it I get this error that says something to the effect of, "You do not have enough memory"; that it requires 96MB. Needless to say, this computer has far more memory than the game requires so why is this error coming up? Is there a patch that needs to be installed, a setting that needs to be enabled or disabled, or some other workaround?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bodrey said:

Feeling nostalgic to play one of my favorite FPS games - Max Payne. I installed it on my Windows 7 64-bit PC but when I try to launch it I get this error that says something to the effect of, "You do not have enough memory"; that it requires 96MB. Needless to say, this computer has far more memory than the game requires so why is this error coming up? Is there a patch that needs to be installed, a setting that needs to be enabled or disabled, or some other workaround?

Which max Payne game is it?  and have you tried running it in a different compatibility mode?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

What version of Windows was the game designed for? If it was designed for something old like Win98 or Win95, your computer may be too powerful for the game.

I really dont think Win98 or Win95 where designed to run this game. It should work fine on any windows but you will probably need a video patch. May I ask the source of the game ? many times if you downloaded the game from a specific website they will include notes for updates for these types of issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2019 at 8:57 PM, kingpotato said:

I really dont think Win98 or Win95 where designed to run this game. It should work fine on any windows but you will probably need a video patch. May I ask the source of the game ? many times if you downloaded the game from a specific website they will include notes for updates for these types of issues.

Certain games you can use a compatibility mode in the properties tab. Right click on the icon, click on properties, click on the compatibility tab,  there will a setting with the heading compatibility mode and it will have a checkbox beside it to run the particular program in compatibility for earlier versions of Windows. That's how I was able to play the old AOE2 games on Windows 10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2019 at 10:57 AM, The Blackangel said:

What version of Windows was the game designed for? If it was designed for something old like Win98 or Win95, your computer may be too powerful for the game.

This is why Windows 10 often comes across as a better solution. Games from older generations can run flawlessly because Windows 10 often creates VM environments for them to be played in. This is all thanks to the marvelous technology of virtualization.

Nope, I am not going to stop praising Windows 10 :v

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/15/2019 at 11:13 PM, UleTheVee said:

This is why Windows 10 often comes across as a better solution. Games from older generations can run flawlessly because Windows 10 often creates VM environments for them to be played in. This is all thanks to the marvelous technology of virtualization.

Nope, I am not going to stop praising Windows 10 :v

I know they have some minor bugs occasionally in the updates but I never got why most people hate windows 10 so much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...