Register Now
UleTheVee

Mega Man Series

Before you lose your collective nuts, this isn't a post about what yer favorite Mega Man games are or what you think is the best Mega Man game. I am going for the broader topic first seeing as how both me and @Executor Akamia are huge fans. So..

What is your favorite Mega Man series?

My favorite definitely has to be the X series because of how many games do things great. Yes, we had the awful stuff like X6 and X7. However, games like X, X4, X5, and X8 have become classics and are incredibly great games to play even to this day. Of course, the main reason why I enjoy these games nowadays is because of the re-release in the Maverick Hunter X Collection.

Another aspect I love about Mega Man X is just how emotional it can get (For better and for worse). Once you start thinking about the plans that are put into motion and how much of an impact this series makes before and after it starts; this series just becomes a magnificent written stuff as a whole.

So? What's yer fave?

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

I like the Megaman Battle Network games on the GBA because I was a huge fan of the cartoon on KidsWB. Although it wasn't action-based, I liked that they used the chip system for powerups like in the cartoon.

I may get some people upset, but I actually preferred those GBA games over the original ones for the same reason, I followed the TV show every saturday and it was one of the reasons why I got the game on GBA. I havent played megaman in many years but as kid the original was a very hard game.

On 4/18/2019 at 12:13 PM, kingpotato said:

I may get some people upset, but I actually preferred those GBA games over the original ones for the same reason, I followed the TV show every saturday and it was one of the reasons why I got the game on GBA. I havent played megaman in many years but as kid the original was a very hard game.

[insert exaggerated expression of disapproval here]

In all seriousness, I don't blame you. Hell, that show was the first I'd ever heard of Mega Man. That show was awesome, IMO.

Though the first actual Mega Man game I'd ever played was the Xbox LIVE demo of Mega Man 9, many years later, and I hadn't played a full Mega Man game until Mega Man 10. I didn't grow up with consoles, handheld or otherwise; all my gaming was on PC until about 10 years ago. I didn't even know the Battle Network series by that name until after I had really gotten into the franchise again; in my mind, it was NT Warrior all along, and I had no idea there were video games associated with it at the time.

Edited by Executor Akamia

57 minutes ago, Executor Akamia said:

[insert exaggerated expression of disapproval here]

In all seriousness, I don't blame you. Hell, that show was the first I'd ever heard of Mega Man. That show was awesome, IMO.

Though the first actual Mega Man game I'd ever played was the Xbox LIVE demo of Mega Man 9, many years later, and I hadn't played a full Mega Man game until Mega Man 10. I didn't grow up with consoles, handheld or otherwise; all my gaming was on PC until about 10 years ago. I didn't even know the Battle Network series by that name until after I had really gotten into the franchise again; in my mind, it was NT Warrior all along, and I had no idea there were video games associated with it at the time.

You fuckers mean the MegaMan Battle Network TV Show that happened on channels like JETIX?

Man, that show was the fucking shit! I was already a huge Mega Man fan (my first exposure was 7 and the second was 8 ) so imagine my excitement going through to the roof once that series came along. At the time I was also playing X4 and X5 as well.