Register Now
killamch89

Favorite Games to mod

I love to mod my Skyrim and Skyrim SE (have been doing it since 2013 and can't get enough) because it gives me a very unique experience every time I choose to replay the story. I also mod my Fallout 4 and for all 3 games, it takes quite a bit of research to learn which mods are compatible with each other. On top of that, you have to find out which mods complement each other to give you the experience that you crave. It is time-consuming and a bit frustrating at times but once you get it running, you'll never want to stop. Do you like to mod video games? and which ones are your favorite to mod? 

I've never modded anything, and to be honest I don't even know how. Also I don't really know what the perks are to modding a game or machine of your own. I know a lot of people advertise those 10000 game preloaded systems. But I don't know how to do that either.

I do know a guy who does that though. He buys things like Game bay, PSP, Wii U, and other handheld systems, then mods them adding like 150 games. He makes a pretty good bit of money doing it. It's not his job/career but it brings in a good amount of extra cash.

Edited by The Blackangel

12 hours ago, Bravosi said:

I actually do my own mod for Warband atm!

I am also working on my own mod for Skyrim but I am not as knowledgeable in the more complicated aspects of creating a mod which is why it isn't complete as yet.

8 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I've never modded anything, and to be honest I don't even know how. Also I don't really know what the perks are to modding a game or machine of your own. I know a lot of people advertise those 10000 game preloaded systems. But I don't know how to do that either.

I do know a guy who does that though. He buys things like Game bay, PSP, Wii U, and other handheld systems, then mods them adding like 150 games. He makes a pretty good bit of money doing it. It's not his job/career but it brings in a good amount of extra cash.

The kind of mods I am talking about is adding content/features to a particular game not modding the console/gaming machine itself.

13 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

That sounds even harder than modding a system. I guess I'm just not very techy these days.

It does involve learning how to use the creation kit from Bethesda and scripted mods, where you have right lines of code, does take some getting used to but it is amazing what you can create. The experienced modders have created some brilliant masterpieces - better than the ones I showed you in the video. Skyrim has a whole modding community that is still very active for the most part although it has begun to slow down a bit recently.

Edited by killamch89

On 6/24/2019 at 11:59 PM, skyfire said:

I'd go with the strategy games mostly like say age of empires type games. Because those games require new level and the difficulty to enjoy the most. It's fun playing those games. 

Which strategy games do you mod? and how do they change the way you play the game?