Register Now
StaceyPowers

Most underrated sequels

16 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Don't feel bad, I'm sure you'll have that moment in a video game. Mine are usually FPS games because I'm good at anticipating the actions of other players so I tend to catch them completely off-guard. On top of that, I always come up with extremely creative ways to kill people so it's hard to play against me.

I've had moments, sure .... but they're definitely the exception to the rule. 

The best moment was probably when I had flawless victory over a former friend on my favourite Quake III map. But the next week my least-favourite map loaded, and I got destroyed. And then she ditched me. And I'm left forever with the memory that she trounced me last 😞

On 6/6/2019 at 3:54 AM, killamch89 said:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - it has a very gripping story, amazing and intriguing characters, lots of plot twists and it also brings up a lot of real-world issues. For some reason though, not a lot of people even know it exists.

Weird, it was a pretty big deal when it came out. I remember it getting a lot of attention back in '11. I guess it's just not a game many people are still talking about though. It's good though.

Personally I'd say FEAR 3 is a bit underrated. It's not as good as the first game by any means but it does feel unique and the co-op makes it very fun to play with a friend.

5 hours ago, Alyxx said:

Weird, it was a pretty big deal when it came out. I remember it getting a lot of attention back in '11. I guess it's just not a game many people are still talking about though. It's good though.

Personally I'd say FEAR 3 is a bit underrated. It's not as good as the first game by any means but it does feel unique and the co-op makes it very fun to play with a friend.

I enjoyed the original FEAR but I haven't tried the other 2. Deus Ex did get some good scores back in the days but not a lot of people played it to completion because it took quite a bit of intelligence to get past various puzzles and challenges in-game.

7 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

I've had moments, sure .... but they're definitely the exception to the rule. 

The best moment was probably when I had flawless victory over a former friend on my favourite Quake III map. But the next week my least-favourite map loaded, and I got destroyed. And then she ditched me. And I'm left forever with the memory that she trounced me last 😞

That is horrible! Getting trounced last with no possibility of redemption is torture. 😭

16 hours ago, killamch89 said:

That is horrible! Getting trounced last with no possibility of redemption is torture. 😭

It is. I've even though of changing my name on the servers and looking for her so I can win, but I doubt she still plays. Plus, if I so much as see her, I may smash my monitor in a fit of rage.

16 hours ago, Alyxx said:

Star Fox Adventures I consider pretty underrated although it's less of a sequel and more of a spinoff game imo.

Starfox games in general have always been underrated - the only way most Nintendo players know about fox and some of the other characters from this universe is because of Super Smash.

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Starfox games in general have always been underrated - the only way most Nintendo players know about fox and some of the other characters from this universe is because of Super Smash.

Really? Star Fox 64 is held in fairly high regard from what I'm aware of and the original is known as one of the most impressive games on the SNES. I was always under the impression it was a pretty popular franchise.

22 hours ago, Alyxx said:

Really? Star Fox 64 is held in fairly high regard from what I'm aware of and the original is known as one of the most impressive games on the SNES. I was always under the impression it was a pretty popular franchise.

Star Fox 64 is an all-time favorite of mine as well but most of the Nintendo players I've come across have never played a Starfox game and only knew the characters from that series existed because of Smash Brothers.

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Star Fox 64 is an all-time favorite of mine as well but most of the Nintendo players I've come across have never played a Starfox game and only knew the characters from that series existed because of Smash Brothers.

That is so weird to me... pretty much all Nintendo players I know of have played at least one of the games. Especially among my friends. So I was always under the impression they were really popular.

11 minutes ago, Alyxx said:

That is so weird to me... pretty much all Nintendo players I know of have played at least one of the games. Especially among my friends. So I was always under the impression they were really popular.

Ask some of the younger Nintendo fans and they'll tell you they knew of Starfox because of the Smash Brothers games.

7 minutes ago, Alyxx said:

Younger Nintendo fans need to play some fucking Star Fox lol

I don't think Nintendo even give Starfox the attention it deserves - Every single year we get a new Mario/Zelda/Pokemon/Donkey Kong game yet Starfox is like once every 3-5 years if we are lucky.