Register Now
kingpotato

Illegal Immigration

Lets get political, what do you guys think about illegal immigration in general ? is it good, bad , acceptable or totally against it ?

Personal anecdote:Ā 
I live in Tijuana Mexico, this a city right next to the California Border with USA, I can actually see SanDiego from my houseĀ šŸ˜† , I live in a high area of the city, the city itself is a bunch of hills. Anyway for obvious reasons the city is a hotspot for immigration, recently we had two major immigration waves from people of Haiti and several centralĀ america countries, theĀ Haitians came in first, very quite people, well obviously they dont speak the language but very respectful,Ā  most of them got denied the entrance to the USA so they got stuck in our city, nowadays you can see them anywhere in the city working in almost everything, some of them actually became Mexicans. The second waive was of severalĀ  central america countries Guatemala , Honduras, El Salvador etc, as well they asked for asylum and it got denied, But a problem occurred weeks later, a group of them tried to storm in by force through the border, first the broke through the barriers of the Mexican police but got stopped at the USA border, some tried to jump over the fence but they where attacked by tear gas and rubber bullets, at the end they where not able to get through and some of them got arrested.This was on Black Friday of last year, me and my girlfriend where actually on Sandiego that day shopping and when we tried to go back to Mexico we found out that the border was closed and even the US army or National guard I guess was blocking the access, we stuck in San diego until the next morning. I do need to mention that this was a group of about 200-300 people but this was not the majority of the immigrants that arrived to the city , since the number of immigrants that arrived at the city where actually between 4000-6000 people , so the violent group was only a small minority of the caravan, most of the central american immigrants did tried to seek asylum legally and in peace.Ā 

It all depends on the reason for the immigration. If you're coming from an extremely poor, shithole country then welcome to America. If you're seeking asylum to save your life because you're a certain religion, LGBTQ, severely against the regime of your home country, in a war torn region, or anything else that threatens the life of you and those you love, then welcome to America. If you just want to jump the border for no reason, then get the hell out. But if you want my opinion, immigrants are the best thing for this country. Those of us that have lived here all our lives take a lot of things for granted. Whereas the immigrants that come here don't. The take those things with so much respect that it actually opens our eyes a bit. I know someone who is an immigrant, and he loves the freedoms and programs that the rest of us either complain about all the time, or just flat out don't notice. Just because we were born into it.

Immigrants can only improve this country, unless they're a drug cartel or some terrorist group. We have our own terrorist groups here. We don't need yours.

It's sort of a mixed bag. Ā I mean, on one hand, poor immigrants built nations like the US, Canada, Australia - but on the other hand, these nations have become largely "filled up" and recent poor immigrants are simply causing class warfare (poor whites vs poor Central Americans or whoever).