Register Now
killamch89

EA Worst Scandal Yet!

Yeah this is just a awful and a waste of time, they started to do this on the FIFA 19 for the Xbox 360 which it was an exact remake of the 18 version, at that point it wasnt really an issue since it was an old  console. If they are not willing to even port the game to Switch why just not add a DLC to the preexisting 18 version instead of charging 60 dollars for a game that is the exact same shit as last year. I mean we always joked that every FIFA game was basically the same every year which at some point they are, But this is just ridiculous they just copy pasted the code from last years and put a 19 stamp on it.

On 10/3/2019 at 1:17 AM, kingpotato said:

Yeah this is just a awful and a waste of time, they started to do this on the FIFA 19 for the Xbox 360 which it was an exact remake of the 18 version, at that point it wasnt really an issue since it was an old  console. If they are not willing to even port the game to Switch why just not add a DLC to the preexisting 18 version instead of charging 60 dollars for a game that is the exact same shit as last year. I mean we always joked that every FIFA game was basically the same every year which at some point they are, But this is just ridiculous they just copy pasted the code from last years and put a 19 stamp on it.

The funny thing is, those jokes turned out to be the truth because EA ultimately confirmed as much when they were discussing the future of Fifa a few years back. This is one of the main reasons i don't touch any EA games at all anymore - They are charging far too much for the sub-par games they keep putting out.

22 hours ago, Alyxx said:

I don't buy sports games, especially not EA ones. And this doesn't encourage me either.

I stopped buying them years ago as well because I realized that they were doing this very often. The last Fifa game I ever bought from them was Fifa 14 and it was just Fifa 13 with slightly updated graphics and a few gameplay tweaks.

20 hours ago, Alyxx said:

Wasn't always that way. We used to have SEGA sports titles and Microsoft sports games too.

Yes microsoft got out of many popular games titles. I am guessing they anticipated more sales but it does not work that way though. 

On 10/7/2019 at 2:34 AM, skyfire said:

Yes microsoft got out of many popular games titles. I am guessing they anticipated more sales but it does not work that way though. 

I wish EA would have more competition in the Sports Industry nowadays so they'd get back to making quality sports games again.

10 hours ago, skyfire said:

The thing is that indie developers don't consider such games because of the maintenance reasons. 

You have a valid point there on top of EA owning a lot of exclusive licenses across multiple sports so it could be difficult for other companies to compete...