Register Now
skyfire

Synagogue Attack on Twitch

It seems people are live-streaming the crime these days. And the attack which was live on twitch synagogue incident is one more proof. prior to this new zealand attack was on display too. 

How alarming is this that good platforms are being ruined these days like that?

9 hours ago, skyfire said:

Even worst part I think moderators should check each stream and disable it if they discover something wrong. 

If that's the way to go about it, then they will start disabling things that they don't personally like. Prejudice would interfere way too much. If they could develop an automated system that would block things such as this then that would be great.

4 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

If that's the way to go about it, then they will start disabling things that they don't personally like. Prejudice would interfere way too much. If they could develop an automated system that would block things such as this then that would be great.

This sounds like a far better approach...I'm not sure why they haven't implemented something like this on Youtube or other video/content sharing platforms.

Automation would block simple streams and punish the wrong streams by mere 1 report. Take example of the new zealand shooting, facebook had moderators who didnt shut it off and let it go live and added ads in the bottom. Twitch had lesbian sex streaming once which was not shut off and 2 moderators were in the active chat of that stream. did nothing. sometimes I think companies profit from negativity. they monetize it with ads because at that time they get traffic on such things.