Register Now
The Blackangel

Opinions on games no one talks about

There's games out there that no one ever brings up. Games that, at least from where I'm sitting, seem really popular. Yet they're completely off the radar. I want to hear what people have to say about some of them. I don't think "obscure" is really the right word to use (because I'm sure everyone knows of it), but just kinda in the silent realm of conversation. For me I would have to bring up Dante's Inferno. The game is just amazing. It could possibly be stretched to make an argument that it's slightly similar to GOW to some people. But it has its own special charm. Yet not once can I recall anyone mentioning it.

What are some games that fit this to you?

On 10/20/2019 at 9:21 AM, The Blackangel said:

There's games out there that no one ever brings up. Games that, at least from where I'm sitting, seem really popular. Yet they're completely off the radar. I want to hear what people have to say about some of them. I don't think "obscure" is really the right word to use (because I'm sure everyone knows of it), but just kinda in the silent realm of conversation. For me I would have to bring up Dante's Inferno. The game is just amazing. It could possibly be stretched to make an argument that it's slightly similar to GOW to some people. But it has its own special charm. Yet not once can I recall anyone mentioning it.

What are some games that fit this to you?

Is it good ? I've seen this game before and true no one ever talks about it but as well I have never seen a bad review of it.

One game I would like to add to the list is Mad World on the Wii,a beat em up game with motion controls and a Sin City graphic style and story,  this game has two commentators John Dimaggio the voice from Bender Futurama and Greg Proops from Who's line is it anyway. They deliver the funniest dark humor jokes xD

21 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Dante's inferno is more than worth picking up if you haven't already. The gameplay and story are mind blowing. The only disappointing part of the game, is that there isn't a sequel yet.

9.99 at game stop, if it drops more I will get it xD

It's kinda hard to think of any games that are really popular yet barely talked about. I know a lot of obscure games but they are usually games either everyone talks about or nobody discusses because nobody has played them.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided would fall into this category - the story isn't quite as deep or touching as human revolution but it was solid nonetheless and the gameplay was a bit better than its predecessor. Broken Sword: Shadow Of The Templars was an amazing GBA game that I've never heard anyone really discussed either - It easily has one of the most gripping stories I've ever come across in a video game and though it was more of a point and click game, it never failed to entertain. What started out as a simple murder turns into a huge conspiracy plot that spans across several countries and governments with some very influential figures being the culprits.