Register Now
kingpotato

Getting rid of old tech/consoles

As much as I enjoyed playing with my Xbox 360 these past couple of years I think I rather invest in a gaming laptop , of course I'm going to spend and loose more money but I dont see anymore value on my console.
What do you guys do when you are getting rid of old technology, Do you sell it, do you give it away, or do you store it somewhere until it breaks down ?

29 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I usually give it away to friends/family who may need/want it. I don't usually consider throwing it away unless it isn't working and cannot/too expensive to be repaired. 

My problem is that I dont have no one to give it to, I dont want to store for it collect dust, I think I may end up selling it but I dont expect to make more than 100 bucks out of it even with the 15 games it has

25 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

My problem is that I dont have no one to give it to, I dont want to store for it collect dust, I think I may end up selling it but I dont expect to make more than 100 bucks out of it even with the 15 games it has

If that's the best solution you have then you just have to work with it.

I have tons of extra systems, many duplicates, that I'm bundling to sell. I'm wanting to get a cheap Xbox 360 to put in with it, but I don't have the money at the moment. As it sits I have about 7 PS2's, and 4 PS3's. The reason for that is because I buy bundles myself, mostly for the games that are in the bundle. And I always end up with an extra system that I honestly don't need. I have NES, SNES, N64, Sega Genesis(gen1 and gen2), PS2, PS3, Atari, and another system but I can't think of what it is at the moment, all going in to the bundle with games for each system. That's the reason I want a 360. To sweeten the deal. But as it is, I still can get a pretty decent chunk anyway.

Edited by The Blackangel