Register Now
Keranov

Have you ever been banned?

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

It's their millions of bots that are set up to watch out for such contents to ban outrightly once they have the proof. 

There is no way it's expected for them to do that manually which is why it's bots that are set up to do all the work with no stress. 

44 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

Now there's talk that studios want to ban people on all devices. Phil Spencer of Xbox suggested the idea. I don't like it. 

Why in the world would they be discussing such kind of thing? On what grounds are they planning of having those bans issued? 

6 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Now there's talk that studios want to ban people on all devices. Phil Spencer of Xbox suggested the idea. I don't like it. 

I would really like to read more on that and understand exactly what could be their or his reasons for suggesting that. 

9 hours ago, Boblee said:

I would really like to read more on that and understand exactly what could be their or his reasons for suggesting that. 

Seriously, it's very pressing for me as well to know more about his reasons for making such a horrible suggestion. 

On 1/12/2022 at 7:34 PM, Heatman said:

It's their millions of bots that are set up to watch out for such contents to ban outrightly once they have the proof. 

Sure, I don't think any real human will be at the corner all the time to ban any one who contradicted the rules, because the userbase is simply much. 

5 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Sure, I don't think any real human will be at the corner all the time to ban any one who contradicted the rules, because the userbase is simply much. 

Exactly the point I'm trying to make. There are billions of people using the site and its going to be impossible to get them all checked out by humans. 

On 1/13/2022 at 2:42 AM, Kane99 said:

Because it seems they can't handle the toxic side of gaming. It's why mute and party chats are available for so many games and devices. Hell, we even have discord, so if anything, we probably don't deal with the toxic gamers as much as you'd think. Sure we may deal with hackers, cheaters and others like them. But for the most part, there are ways to mute and ignore people that works just as good in my opinion. 

These days, I think people are just so hell bent on canceling people, that this is the direction we'll end up going.

4 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Because it seems they can't handle the toxic side of gaming. It's why mute and party chats are available for so many games and devices. Hell, we even have discord, so if anything, we probably don't deal with the toxic gamers as much as you'd think. Sure we may deal with hackers, cheaters and others like them. But for the most part, there are ways to mute and ignore people that works just as good in my opinion. 

These days, I think people are just so hell bent on canceling people, that this is the direction we'll end up going.

As far as I'm concerned when it comes to video games, there will always be toxic people. In fact, it's not the games that makes them toxic but it's in their nature. 

I have actually just completed serving my 31 days ban on Facebook and this one was really painful because I never expected to have it this long. Although some of how their bans are given doesn't seem fair. I saw similar content of what I posted on my status in a group comments but the account wasn't banned! 

12 hours ago, Heatman said:

I have actually just completed serving my 31 days ban on Facebook and this one was really painful because I never expected to have it this long. Although some of how their bans are given doesn't seem fair. I saw similar content of what I posted on my status in a group comments but the account wasn't banned! 

Just forget about what happened to others or that didn't happen to others and focus on what happened to you and how to prevent it from repeating again. 

23 hours ago, Boblee said:

As far as I'm concerned when it comes to video games, there will always be toxic people. In fact, it's not the games that makes them toxic but it's in their nature. 

Exactly. No matter what generation of gaming you get in at, there will always be toxic people. They are everywhere and will continue to find ways to torment people. But that's why we have methods to block those people, to not hear a peep out of them. I don't bother with public lobbies, if I do, I go on a mute parade and mute everyone. Or I stick to a private party so I can't hear the public chat at all. 

It's really easy to steer clear of the douche bags online. There's lots of them out there, but there are more than enough methods at combating them. I just find it lazy and sad that they want to ban everyone because of words. 

I get banning for hacking and cheating. And I would be fine if people who are known for sending harmful things, or do harmful things, to be banned too. But I think for just being a douche on the internet, there are ways to block that easily already. 

On 1/14/2022 at 8:21 AM, Heatman said:

Exactly the point I'm trying to make. There are billions of people using the site and its going to be impossible to get them all checked out by humans. 

Very correct, even if, Zuckerberg have more than 1 million employees they wouldn't monitor everyone's activities in there. 

15 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Exactly. No matter what generation of gaming you get in at, there will always be toxic people. They are everywhere and will continue to find ways to torment people. But that's why we have methods to block those people, to not hear a peep out of them. I don't bother with public lobbies, if I do, I go on a mute parade and mute everyone. Or I stick to a private party so I can't hear the public chat at all. 

It's really easy to steer clear of the douche bags online. There's lots of them out there, but there are more than enough methods at combating them. I just find it lazy and sad that they want to ban everyone because of words. 

I get banning for hacking and cheating. And I would be fine if people who are known for sending harmful things, or do harmful things, to be banned too. But I think for just being a douche on the internet, there are ways to block that easily already. 

Yeah, you're very correct, there are so many ways to deal with these douchebags which l like to call avoidance-avoidance tactics. 

19 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I don't really remember the last time I ever tried to cheat or use hacks in games because I see it as a childish thing to do. I wouldn't allow myself to be banned for such.