Register Now
skyfire

Mixer Shut down

That was just an apperance and character play episode. Not something I'd say sell out. We call something sell out when we are loyal to say X and we move to Y because of money. He is a performer and not tied to any platform actually. He is a millionaire now, not even youtube bans him for racism and being trump fanboy. In that case you can say yotube is sold out for keeping him in the platform for the profits sake. 

Pewdiepie, Ninja and Shroud can literally walk out and stop what they do and still remain rich. It's just that leaving everything they have invested enough time I am sure they have zero real world skills to offer in any other job. Platforms literally kept them in top positions for now. 

This has really surprised me - wasn't the platform on the rise? From gaining Ninja's exclusivity to shutting down, it's a real shame. Twitch really said "if you come at the best, you best not miss" to Mixer. 😂

Edited by ARx182

4 hours ago, ARx182 said:

This has really surprised me - wasn't the platform on the rise? From gaining Ninja's exclusivity to shutting down, it's a real shame. Twitch really said "if you come at the best, you best not miss" to Mixer. 😂

I guess they didn't take the advice.

The thing about these kinds of situations when a new competitor, even one with the right resources like mixer had, comes up to take on a well established juggernaut in their field (Twitch), to compete it simply isn't good enough to be just as good, you need to be a lot better to have a hope. Microsoft thought, "lets be Twitch and no better, and because we're Microsoft, all we need to do is bring a popular steamer on board and it'll work out." Em, no. That's not how this works.

I think they didn't paid attention to a lot of streaming services being the same. They could have offered their own in house coding session, game previews etc. A lot could be done with their own platform but they were after gaming and gamers alone. This was bound to happen.