Register Now
Crazycrab

So the PS5 IS going to be backwards compatible with PS1/PS2 and PS3... Sort of

On 8/12/2021 at 5:38 AM, Demon_skeith said:

I do have something to worry, I really can't play them, I'm sure my PS2 won't work. 

Yeah, there is always a possibility that they may not work but it shouldn't stop you from trying it out. 

6 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Even though PS5 console gonna be compatible with those other lose types of consoles, that wouldn't make me testing them with my PS5 if I have one, I'll simply move on to enjoy my PS5 console that's all. 

Of course yes, it's supposed to be backwards compatible with the PS1/PS2 and PS3 games. They can't really cut off everything just like that. 

Just now, Heatman said:

Of course yes, it's supposed to be backwards compatible with the PS1/PS2 and PS3 games. They can't really cut off everything just like that. 

Maybe play station developers meant that, you can also install or play those downgraded console CD games around PS5, and it will still be compatible, and still run PS5 games too. 

On 9/24/2021 at 10:23 AM, Justin11 said:

Maybe play station developers meant that, you can also install or play those downgraded console CD games around PS5, and it will still be compatible, and still run PS5 games too. 

To some extent yes, it's supposed to work that way but it's definitely not going to be with all games on the PS1/PS2 and PS3. 

1 minute ago, Heatman said:

To some extent yes, it's supposed to work that way but it's definitely not going to be with all games on the PS1/PS2 and PS3. 

I think so, it will be for some popular choice types of those lower gen consoles. Even if it runs in PS5 console it wouldn't have same gameplay, PS5 will always be superb. 

3 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I think so, it will be for some popular choice types of those lower gen consoles. Even if it runs in PS5 console it wouldn't have same gameplay, PS5 will always be superb. 

Of course yes, Playstation 5 is definitely bound to be an incredible console because it's not going to be all that expensive for nothing. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

Of course yes, Playstation 5 is definitely bound to be an incredible console because it's not going to be all that expensive for nothing. 

Yes, if it isn't with it, the price wouldn't have been more than double of PS4 price here in my country's online store. It will take me time to lay my hand on PS5 console. 

42 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Yes, if it isn't with it, the price wouldn't have been more than double of PS4 price here in my country's online store. It will take me time to lay my hand on PS5 console. 

Yeah - PS5 isn't a console that you can see people purchasing regularly because it's robust and incredibly expensive. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

Yeah - PS5 isn't a console that you can see people purchasing regularly because it's robust and incredibly expensive. 

Yeah, it's simply robust, expensive though with enough quality, not everyone can afford to pay such hefty amount for game console, cos the AMT is even greater than some people's monthly salary. 

4 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Yeah, it's simply robust, expensive though with enough quality, not everyone can afford to pay such hefty amount for game console, cos the AMT is even greater than some people's monthly salary. 

Let me shock you, it's also greater than my own salary as well after tax 😂. So, it's not something I'd rush into getting easily. 

On 9/28/2021 at 12:01 AM, Heatman said:

Let me shock you, it's also greater than my own salary as well after tax 😂. So, it's not something I'd rush into getting easily. 

Lol, you shocked thou, I was thinking you want to say, your salary is greater than the amount of the console. To be frank, if I'm earning monthly up to that level, I wouldn't bother myself struggling too much in life. I'll simply develop a game village, Lol. 

On 9/29/2021 at 2:46 AM, Justin11 said:

Lol, you shocked thou, I was thinking you want to say, your salary is greater than the amount of the console. To be frank, if I'm earning monthly up to that level, I wouldn't bother myself struggling too much in life. I'll simply develop a game village, Lol. 

Seriously - the figures are too much to be invested in just in games purchases. There are far more better things I need to put money into. 

I would have loved it if we were able to play PS3 games but alas it wasn't to be. The only thing that I want to play from the PS3 is Grand Theft Auto IV but there won't be a way to do so unless Rockstar decides to remaster/remake the game for new gen consoles.

51 minutes ago, Darth said:

I would have loved it if we were able to play PS3 games but alas it wasn't to be. The only thing that I want to play from the PS3 is Grand Theft Auto IV but there won't be a way to do so unless Rockstar decides to remaster/remake the game for new gen consoles.

Yeah - You're actually correct there but the main focus of Rockstar right now is mainly on still milking GTA 5 till God knows when.