Register Now
Zak

Gaming good for mental health

On 11/18/2020 at 10:41 PM, The Blackangel said:

Being wheelchair bound, it gives me something to occupy my mind and break up endless days with nothing else to do. Also it can give a person a sense of accomplishment and thus raise their morale. Which in turn could help them become successful ITL as well. Higher morale = higher productivity.

I hope that you are not still wheelchair bound till now my friend? In as much as gaming would help change your mood most of the time, it's still far more better to play being fully healthy on your both feet. 

On 8/20/2021 at 9:37 AM, Heatman said:

I hope that you are not still wheelchair bound till now my friend? In as much as gaming would help change your mood most of the time, it's still far more better to play being fully healthy on your both feet. 

I'll be in a wheelchair until the day I die. Due to my disease, there is no hope.

On 8/21/2021 at 4:00 PM, The Blackangel said:

I'll be in a wheelchair until the day I die. Due to my disease, there is no hope.

Wow, I'm really short for words. All I can say is that you should try and be strong alright. 

On 8/21/2021 at 8:30 PM, The Blackangel said:

If I may ask you how old are you? And what disease is that? You can deny to answer me if not comfortable, I won't mind at all. 😊

And yeah, Playing such games will surely help to boost your morale. But still, don't loose hope that fast. Be strong. 😊

Edited by Razor1911

4 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

If I may ask you how old are you? And what disease is that? You can deny to answer me if not comfortable, I won't mind at all. 😊

And yeah, Playing such games will surely help to boost your morale. But still, don't loose hope that fast. Be strong. 😊

I think those questions are too personal to ask mate. Just show your care and not ask what wasn't given to you already. 

1 minute ago, Heatman said:

I think those questions are too personal to ask mate. Just show your care and not ask what wasn't given to you already. 

That's why I have also mentioned if not comfortable not to disclose anything. Out of curiosity, I have asked, nothing much in that.

And yeah, when I am too stressed or tired or any kinda depression, I play my favourite games. It really helps me to relax me out, and boost my morale. 😊

20 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

If I may ask you how old are you? And what disease is that? You can deny to answer me if not comfortable, I won't mind at all.

I'm 39. The disease is Muscular Dystrophy. In my case, advanced MD. There is no cure, as it's a genetic disease. Both a persons parents have to be carriers of a faulty gene for a person to have MD. There are medications to help try to manage the pain, but they're not always effective. I have some pain meds that I only take in extreme cases like oxycodone. I also have a medical marijuana card. This is a lifelong disease. In my case it was adult onset, as it wasn't even noticeable when I was a kid. It just got progressively worse over the years, to the point now that I'm wheelchair bound for the rest of my life.

12 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

I'm 39. The disease is Muscular Dystrophy. In my case, advanced MD. There is no cure, as it's a genetic disease. Both a persons parents have to be carriers of a faulty gene for a person to have MD. There are medications to help try to manage the pain, but they're not always effective. I have some pain meds that I only take in extreme cases like oxycodone. I also have a medical marijuana card. This is a lifelong disease. In my case it was adult onset, as it wasn't even noticeable when I was a kid. It just got progressively worse over the years, to the point now that I'm wheelchair bound for the rest of my life.

Oh that's sad. You reminded me the movie Avatar. Have you watched that? The actor was on wheelchair, but he got the chance to live the virtual life of an Avatar. 

Please carry on your medication. I hope you can still be fine if you take medications properly. And play games that you like, that would surely help to release your stress.🙂

I also am a patient of hypertension, normally I don't have issues. Unless, I am too much into stress or something. At such a time, I either watch some movies or play games, which helps to relax me out. ☺️

Edited by Razor1911

6 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Seriously, this is so sad. With all the science we have and the technology we have today, they can't still get a cure for this kind of disease. It's really a big shame. 

Just never give up on yourself alright. 

7 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Too late. I gave up a very long time ago, before I was in the wheelchair for other reasons.

I really feel bad for this situation and there aren't anything one can really do about. 

So let us just enjoy having you around when you are still here with us.