Register Now
killamch89

Approach to PVP in multiplayer games

@StaceyPowers had a discussion in another thread about difficulty in modern games and I had mentioned that in multiplayer games I always tend to pick fights with stronger opponents because it provides a far more entertaining fight. I'm the type of person that doesn't typically fight weaker opponents unless I'm forced to (like some kind of even like guild battles and even then I mainly target the stronger opponents) and will even defend them from stronger opponents unless they're apart of my guild or an ally. What is your approach?

4 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

All I ever played was MUDs specifically, and I was terrible at combat. I also didn't have ideal software. And there was that time I was banned from all guilds before I could get class, and my only skill was "kick."

So, mainly I ran away.

Thanks for your input. I don't usually run unless I'm trying to lure someone into some form of trap but depending on my ability to continue fighting, I may make a temporary retreat, patch up and come back with a bang!

I mostly try to stick to people near my level, unless I have specific played the game enough and know it's concept, to try to attack someone that is far above my level (who I know I could have a good chance at winning). I've never really targeted people below me, unless, well they attack me first.