Register Now
Kane99

What do you think is next for the Spider-Man games?

Marvel's Spider-Man and Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales were hits on the PS4 and PS5 so far. But, what direction do you see the series going next? A sequel to the Peter Parker game? Or another for Miles? Or maybe they can make a Spider-Verse game as well. Would make sense with the spider-verse being a possibility in movie form soon. So why not a video game spider-verse? I'd welcome that for sure. 

I get the feeling that they are going to move the story forward in Spiderman 3, bringing Miles, Peter and Venom together, with a mid game switch from one character to the other as the symbiote takes hold of Peter, and he becomes the antagonist, like in TLOU

But an origins game is a neat idea, I feel like they would send it to another dev though like WB did so Insomniac can focus on moving the story forward. Spiderman is a damn convenient property for this franchising, they will all take place in NYC, so you can use the same basic map but then spice it up with different factions, interiors etc...

5 hours ago, skyfire said:

Story and graphics. That is what I would look for when it comes to the new games. I think it would be good as long as they are coming up with something new. 

In any games is what most people look for in a game nowadays and the performance of the game that can able to look good and run on your rig. 

17 hours ago, Empire said:

I get the feeling that they are going to move the story forward in Spiderman 3, bringing Miles, Peter and Venom together, with a mid game switch from one character to the other as the symbiote takes hold of Peter, and he becomes the antagonist, like in TLOU

But an origins game is a neat idea, I feel like they would send it to another dev though like WB did so Insomniac can focus on moving the story forward. Spiderman is a damn convenient property for this franchising, they will all take place in NYC, so you can use the same basic map but then spice it up with different factions, interiors etc...

WB would never be able to touch it considering their pretty much DC. I think they might actually own DC. 

11 hours ago, killamch89 said:

In my opinion, It's either that they're going to re-introduce Spiderman characters from the alternate universes(they did do this once) or they'll have to increase the size of the game to several cities or even continents so that Spiderman can really travel around.

Yeah, alternate universes are a great option to expand on things, and open doors to new stories for sure. 

8 hours ago, Kane99 said:

WB would never be able to touch it considering their pretty much DC. I think they might actually own DC. 

Yeah, alternate universes are a great option to expand on things, and open doors to new stories for sure. 

The Spiderman versions from some of the alternate Earths are really interesting and their backstories even more so.

21 hours ago, Empire said:

In any games is what most people look for in a game nowadays and the performance of the game that can able to look good and run on your rig. 

Yes but a lot of times many gamers can look past the graphics if the story trail is good. 

18 hours ago, killamch89 said:

The Spiderman versions from some of the alternate Earths are really interesting and their backstories even more so.

Yeah, which means there are many options for all kinds of stories. It doesn't even have to do with Peter Parker or Miles Morales. It could be a whole new Spider-man in a whole new universe of characters. That's the beauty to the spider-verse. You could go back to many years worth of comics to find alternate characters and storylines. Same with most comic book universes. 

On 12/15/2020 at 4:22 AM, skyfire said:

I am hoping for the venom and and other side characters in spiderman to have their own story trail and maybe expansion on that in near future games. 

I think they'd have to develop a separate game for the because the lore around Venom and other symbiotes has really grown in recent years. If you read the recent Marvel series on Venom, there is so much to these symbiotes - I don't want to spoil it though...

On 12/19/2020 at 6:24 AM, skyfire said:

Yeah a lot of tangent stories in both anti hero and real vilian scenarios. In past they used venom as vilian but then they used it as anti hero to keep the people interesting. 

In the end though, there's only so much you can do with Spiderman games unfortunately. I'd be down for a make your own Spiderman origin story which you could make your own character and have them be Spiderman and develop your own Spider suit abilities. I think that game would be an instant hit.