Register Now
Kane99

Back 4 Blood

Back 4 Blood is an upcoming 4 player co-op zombie survival game, similar to Left 4 Dead. And you may be wondering, why such a similar title? Well I hear that some of the devs behind Left 4 Dead, are behind this game. Game looks very similar to L4D, even shows a big tank like figure that spits on people and blows up similarly to the boomer from L4D. 

Check out the trailer 👇

And some gameplay 👇

Is this one a buy for you? 

Hard to tell - I mean the gameplay so far looks average and the graphics are pretty good. My gripe with this game so far is that I haven't really seen anything that separates it from the countless other zombie games. I like Left 4 Dead but it needs to show us something different.

7 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Hard to tell - I mean the gameplay so far looks average and the graphics are pretty good. My gripe with this game so far is that I haven't really seen anything that separates it from the countless other zombie games. I like Left 4 Dead but it needs to show us something different.

Same views. I do think graphics wise they do have potential. Not sure what other gamers would say about that though. I personally think anyone who is capable of this level of graphics should get more deep. 

I'm sure I'd have some fun with the end result, if a lot less than Left 4 Dead, but this trailer doesn't make me at all enthusiastic. Between the sluggish presentation of combat and zombies and features that seem too good to be true (remember the Aliens: Colonial Marines E3 "gameplay" footage?) I'm not at all hopeful the game will even be as average as it sets out to be. Were Turtle Rock Studios so short for time cobbling this together that the only person they could get to play this was, err, me by the looks of that shooting?

After the Left 4 Dead 2 boycott campaign, 2K's involvement with Evolve and Back 4 Blood publisher Warner Bros.' history as having awful practices I'm not optimistic for what may end up being the death knell for this very talented studio. They can't seem to catch a break.

The worst thing about all this (OK, second worse thing if TRS' closure is likely) is that people won't have learnt from previous pre-orders that are priced sky-high. £89.99 for early access and some season pass content there's no obligation to make if the game goes under? Say it ain't so.