Register Now
StaceyPowers

Any tips for RDR Undead Nightmare?

Just started RDR Undead Nightmare last night, and so far I am finding it pretty challenging compared to the base game (but also very fun). Aside from running and climbing a lot and relying on the torch as much as possible, anyone have any tips for stocking up on ammo and generally staying alive?

9 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

There is an easy way to slay a zombie when you are outnumbered. You have to practice it, but you grab the zombie and kill it one hit very quick. I started playing around Halloween; need to get back to it. 

yeah, this is the best method. You essentially run up to the enemies, and just hold the fire button. You may have to click another button, but I forget. 

9 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

Just started RDR Undead Nightmare last night, and so far I am finding it pretty challenging compared to the base game (but also very fun). Aside from running and climbing a lot and relying on the torch as much as possible, anyone have any tips for stocking up on ammo and generally staying alive?

I wouldn't bother using the torch much, it's really not as helpful as you think, it's far too slow and if there are multiple zombies, it may pose a problem. One thing you can do, is go to the settings and mess with your aiming, try to find the setting so that it locks on to the heads of enemies more easily. This will make it a lot easier to handle the undead, as auto-aim will lock onto their heads, or near their necks for easier shots. As well, utilize dead eye as much as you can, especially when in a bind. 

Oh, and one other thing, after you take out a hoard of zombies, search them for ammo. It may be an annoying process, but you can gain quite a bit of ammo this way. 

19 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

. You have to practice it, but you grab the zombie and kill it one hit very quick.

I think the game tried to explain this to me, but I missed the directions cause I was fighting, ugh. I will look it up again, thank you!

19 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

a blade is just about your best weapon

I haven't even found that yet.

10 hours ago, Kane99 said:

it's far too slow and if there are multiple zombies, it may pose a problem.

I've actually been doing well with it. Sometimes I can even deal with clusters of up to three this way.

7 minutes ago, StaceyPowers said:

I think the game tried to explain this to me, but I missed the directions cause I was fighting, ugh. I will look it up again, thank you!

I had to look up myself, but it's the one hit execution with a pistol. Run at them, grab, shoot dead point blank. There is a way using the torch too, but I found the shot execution works good. Can't recall the blade; I haven't reached that point. 

23 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I had to look up myself, but it's the one hit execution with a pistol. Run at them, grab, shoot dead point blank. There is a way using the torch too, but I found the shot execution works good. Can't recall the blade; I haven't reached that point. 

On PS3, it turned out to be L2, R2. Thanks again!

On 12/18/2020 at 1:44 PM, StaceyPowers said:

I haven't even found that yet.

I've actually been doing well with it. Sometimes I can even deal with clusters of up to three this way.

It works for a bit, but you're going to start to get crowded by faster zombies, so it really comes down to running and shooting, or finding something you can jump onto and shoot from.