Register Now
Kane99

Dbrand making custom PS5 faceplates, dares Sony to sue them

Well, remember how those custom PS5 faceplates were forced away by Sony because they weren't licenced or something? Well, Dbrand has decided to jump into the faceplate bandwagon, and are releasing their own custom PS5 faceplates. In a letter announcing the new plan, Dbrand start off the letter by stating "Sue us, Sony." 

You can read more about this news here - MP1ST

I don't know who Dbrand is, but daring someone like Sony to sue them is pretty much suicide. One of the biggest companies in the world, will have some of the most powerful attorneys in the world. There are only a handful of companies that could stand up to them. And those could most likely be counted on one hand.

Microsoft
Facebook
General Motors

Hell, that's all I can think of at the moment. You have to have some serious power to put up that kind of fight. So unless Dbrand is backed by someone like those I mentioned, they're fucked.

6 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I don't know who Dbrand is, but daring someone like Sony to sue them is pretty much suicide. One of the biggest companies in the world, will have some of the most powerful attorneys in the world. There are only a handful of companies that could stand up to them. And those could most likely be counted on one hand.

Microsoft
Facebook
General Motors

Hell, that's all I can think of at the moment. You have to have some serious power to put up that kind of fight. So unless Dbrand is backed by someone like those I mentioned, they're fucked.

I have to agree with you there and I do know who Dbrand is because they're one of the biggest phone case/skin manufacturers around but this is stupid. For one, the PS5's original faceplates are designed like that to dissipate heat. If Dbrand doesn't replicate that design to perfection and it leads to any damaged PS5s, they can be sued by both the individuals affected and Sony. 

Uh it's a though one messing with Sony, but I think they have every right to sell faceplates that they design and create....Oh well hopefully if they get sued they win.

And I pray to god their design won't damage the console.

Edited by Shole