Register Now
Kane99

Biggest competitor to the GTA franchise

31 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I wouldn't say that really about Watch Dogs Legion. It's a pretty good game but the support from Ubisoft is trash and as such, it has turned away a good number of players. Ubisoft is trying to be the worst gaming company in history with their recent policies.

Ubisoft is a disappointment in that sense of money first attitude and workplace issues, but I’d be wrong to say they don’t produce bad ass games. And WDL to me is a leap into future gaming with all its new features. 

4 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Ubisoft is a disappointment in that sense of money first attitude and workplace issues, but I’d be wrong to say they don’t produce bad ass games. And WDL to me is a leap into future gaming with all its new features. 

The fact that they're going full on with Live-service games and NFTs makes it less appealing to support their platform or want to play their games. 

6 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

The fact that they're going full on with Live-service games and NFTs makes it less appealing to support their platform or want to play their games. 

GTA 6 might have NFT as well. The entire gaming industry is going to end up having it. And not one developer/publisher has come out strongly against it. Take Two CEO says "We believe that NFTs are real, and why wouldn't they be? We believe in digital goods and we've been selling digital goods for a very long time," he said. "We believe in rare goods, we believe in collectibles. The concern we have is that there's a speculation going on." 

So the question is, are they so concerned about speculation that they won't use NFT in the future; or they plan on using NFT and concerned about speculation?

https://www.pcgamer.com/take-two-ceo-doesnt-want-gta-to-stay-stuck-in-the-past/

41 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

GTA 6 might have NFT as well. The entire gaming industry is going to end up having it. And not one developer/publisher has come out strongly against it. Take Two CEO says "We believe that NFTs are real, and why wouldn't they be? We believe in digital goods and we've been selling digital goods for a very long time," he said. "We believe in rare goods, we believe in collectibles. The concern we have is that there's a speculation going on." 

So the question is, are they so concerned about speculation that they won't use NFT in the future; or they plan on using NFT and concerned about speculation?

https://www.pcgamer.com/take-two-ceo-doesnt-want-gta-to-stay-stuck-in-the-past/

Take Two are in the same category as Ubisoft, they always have lots of microtransactions in their games.

22 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

They're simply company looking to break even more through and reach the level of Microsoft. What gonna enable them achieving such kind of status is getting more money from their own video game creation vice versa. 

I'm sorry - I don't quite get what you're saying. Could you elaborate?

9 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I'm sorry - I don't quite get what you're saying. Could you elaborate?

Oh, I am talking about the future prospect of Take-Two video game company. Here in this thread, talked about the company following the footsteps of Ubisoft, EA, when it concerns micro transactions. Such made me to jump in, saying, they're doing all this things simply to generate more funds to develop bigger projects for themselves, lol. 

Edited by Head_Hunter

On 2/13/2022 at 3:07 AM, Head_Hunter said:

Oh, I am talking about the future prospect of Take-Two video game company. Here in this thread, talked about the company following the footsteps of Ubisoft, EA, when it concerns micro transactions. Such made me to jump in, saying, they're doing all this things simply to generate more funds to develop bigger projects for themselves, lol. 

So does every company whether good or bad - they do need money to fund their projects. Otherwise, they'll never be successful.

22 hours ago, killamch89 said:

So does every company whether good or bad - they do need money to fund their projects. Otherwise, they'll never be successful.

You're simply correct, money makes them to be more successful. Without money they wouldn't go fulfilling their gaming projects. If I am earning better via a creative project of my own, I wouldn't stop there, I'll do more to increase my earnings.