Register Now
Kane99

Exclusive games and gaming stuff from magazines

Do you guys remember when gaming mags allowed you to put orders in for exclusive products? I remember some magazines would have exclusive rights to sell some games and give away certain gaming memorabilia. I miss those days where you could get exclusive stuff no one else could elsewhere. I remember you could put an order in for random things, but I sadly never took advantage. 

Do you guys remember getting any cool games, swag, and other stuff from gaming magazines back in the day? And I'm not referring to demo discs though. 

1 minute ago, Kane99 said:

And I'm not referring to demo discs though.

Bugger. The tales I could tell about Official Playstation Magazine and the legacy of their demos....

I regret I can't contribute much to this. I recall one time my mate loaned me his full copy of Jet Set Radio for the original Xbox for the official magazine, which he kept going on about me not returning. I don't think I ever did. I regret that greatly. Alas, the only other thing I can think of is the Pizza Hut demos and full games they did as a promotion for about 2 years. To say I don't like pizza, I sure ended up with a few of those.

On 1/3/2021 at 2:51 PM, Withywarlock said:

Bugger. The tales I could tell about Official Playstation Magazine and the legacy of their demos....

I regret I can't contribute much to this. I recall one time my mate loaned me his full copy of Jet Set Radio for the original Xbox for the official magazine, which he kept going on about me not returning. I don't think I ever did. I regret that greatly. Alas, the only other thing I can think of is the Pizza Hut demos and full games they did as a promotion for about 2 years. To say I don't like pizza, I sure ended up with a few of those.

I remember when they were promoting a demo with Primal on the PlayStation magazine and I had gotten it. Honestly, I do remember a couple of other magazines by the content but I can't quite remember which magazines they were. There were a couple of gaming magazines that were promoting games for the Ipad that I've gotten for free.