Register Now
Kane99

What happened to all the music making games?

I remember back on the PS1 and a few older consoles, that they had music makers. I think MTV had a music maker, and I think there was a few others released on consoles back then. But, why is it that they haven't made any other music making games since? I feel like that genre is a bit over looked these days. Would you welcome them making new music making games? Maybe MTV can come back and make a MTV music maker again. Or was it MTV Music Generator? Either way, I wouldn't mind more games like that coming up. 

What do you guys think?

Some exist on Steam but they're often rudimentary at best and don't compete with other extensive offerings at a greater price point. I remember loving Music 2000 for years, and a few years back I discovered Fluid which is.... strange, to say the least.

I'd love for such things to return to consoles though. The pandemic has been a great time for people to discover music, and I think Music 2021 would be a welcome addition to people's libraries. ^^

19 minutes ago, skyfire said:

Incredibox and the Cytus 2 are the two popular I have tried out. There are plenty of others. and some of them are for touch based displays too. a lot of interesting games out there. 

I hadn't considered mobile. Come to think of it, a touch screen would solve a lot of the interface issues music games suffered, especially with a gamepad over a mouse. I may have to look on Android for some such games now! ^^

Copyright laws are taken into action that's why. I mean copyright is getting harder and taken far more actions nowadays. Streaming will give you a kick when playing music. Making your own should be alright but even when using another sound that you don't own can mess you up. Stil games and software around, well handful, 🙂 but they are for professionals really. Aren't gaming related sounds/songs.   

I think also that people are no interested in gaming based games for making sounds, I mean if I was to make sounds and songs I would do it professional. 

On 1/15/2021 at 5:42 PM, Withywarlock said:

I hadn't considered mobile. Come to think of it, a touch screen would solve a lot of the interface issues music games suffered, especially with a gamepad over a mouse. I may have to look on Android for some such games now! ^^

There are some of the touch based monitors out there tooo mostly for the creators and the designers. for them such games are definitely fun to try out as well.