Register Now
The Blackangel

Are you exclusive to any brand of item?

Is anyone exclusive or loyal (however you want to put it) to any brand of item? This is not a gaming question. For example I love Citizen watches. If someone was to give me a $35,000 Rolex, I would sell it, and then buy a $600 citizen. I'd pocket the rest of the cash. For my rats I only feed them Oxbow pellets, aside from the fresh veggies. There's only one place in town that I will buy alcohol. It's all the way on the opposite corner of town. I live in the northeast corner and it's in the southwest corner. And in a town of 120k people when school is OUT and closer to 180k when school is in, that's a bit of a drive. There are 3 major colleges here in town, and more than a dozen smaller colleges. 60k students is a light year. I'd easily put it closer to 200k when school is in full swing and we're not under a fucking pandemic. Back in the late 90's this was voted the second best small town in America for several years in a row. How, I don't know, because this place sucks with all the damn teenyboppers thinking they're badasses. I don't like kids.

But I'm getting off topic.

So do you have any brand item that you're exclusive to?

Do I have brand loyalty? Let's see: my PC display is an LG, the TV in my living room is a Samsung, the TV in my home gym is a Philips, and the TV in my kitchen is a Toshiba. That's how many Fs I give about brand loyalty.

I buy whatever brand has the best offer at the time of purchase for my needs. This goes for everything, even for food where I have a preferred brand of something, from time to time I'll try different brands to see what they have to offer.

The only time brand loyalty comes into play is when two brands offer the exact same features at the exact same price, then I'll choose the one I've had before. But if the new brand has a better offering I go with that without hesitation.

Edited by m76

From what M76 is saying most of us or people already got the brands of all hype and best tech that you can get out hands-on. But they not worth in the long run. Always new and improved tech comes out each year and the last-gen is outdated and not worth anything anymore. exclusive to me when you have a item that worth more if you hold it, brands that makes or no longer around and so that item is double what's worth. like watches of Rolex and other great known brands 🙂 

I hardly shop for brands - I just shop for what suits my needs and is reliable. Brand loyalty is a very dangerous thing especially if you overdo it because that same brand will try to take advantage of you because of your loyalty *cough*Samsung and Apple*cough*.