Register Now
Kane99

Games that utilize voice

What are some games that utilize voice? Games like Phasmophobia and In Silence got me wondering about voice themed games, where you use your voice to achieve a goal. 

But, I'm mainly looking for retro games that had voice options. I remember on the 360 there was a game you could play using voice controls. I think it was that Halo RTS that came out, but I forget. I know the Famicom in Japan had a controller with a mic that could be used in some games. But what are some obscure games that worked with your voice? I am drawing a blank on any other games. 

Tom Clancy's Endwar had voice commands which were rudimentary but I don't ever recall them hearing a command incorrectly. It was marginally faster than using a controller or key commands, especially when you had to know what the commands were in the first place. A shame such a feature existed in a game that left a lot to be desired, in its camera controls more than anything.

There was a couple games on NES that were compatible with voice command. I think one was Top Gun. I know it was a flight game and it was supposed to respond different commands, but every word you spoke made the guns fire. It wasn't the best setup, but it was entertaining to say the least. And at that time, pretty damn innovative.

22 hours ago, Withywarlock said:

Tom Clancy's Endwar had voice commands which were rudimentary but I don't ever recall them hearing a command incorrectly. It was marginally faster than using a controller or key commands, especially when you had to know what the commands were in the first place. A shame such a feature existed in a game that left a lot to be desired, in its camera controls more than anything.

That's one I was thinking of, but forgot the title. I think that was one of the first on the 360 around the time kinect came out, right? I never played it though. 

2 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

There was a couple games on NES that were compatible with voice command. I think one was Top Gun. I know it was a flight game and it was supposed to respond different commands, but every word you spoke made the guns fire. It wasn't the best setup, but it was entertaining to say the least. And at that time, pretty damn innovative.

I think I saw a video about Top Gun's voice options, but forgot who made it. 

2 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

That's one I was thinking of, but forgot the title. I think that was one of the first on the 360 around the time kinect came out, right? I never played it though. 

I think I saw a video about Top Gun's voice options, but forgot who made it. 

Tom Clancy's Endwar was released exactly two years before the Xbox Kinect came out, but yes it was on the Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and PC. ^^

Edited by Withywarlock