Register Now
StaceyPowers

Does anyone actually buy cosmetic/special items DLC?

Usually when I buy a game on sale I might fork out a bit more for a Digital Deluxe edition or whatever for the extra goodies, especially if it's from a publisher whose projects I'm pleased with. If I'm reviewing the game I make a point of not using the bonus edition tat because those are things some players will not have access to, and I don't want to use my video/screenshots to promote such a thing, nor do I want my impressions coloured by a better skin. If the character looks bad to look at by default, that shouldn't be amended in a review by saying 'just spend £3 on a skin'.

On 1/28/2021 at 8:55 PM, StaceyPowers said:

You know how some games have little DLCs you can buy with cosmetic and item upgrades for a few dollars which are not in any way essential to the game? Does anyone actually buy these things?

I'm not always open to buying something that isn't really essential to the game that I'm buying it for. If it doesn't add to the game, it's definitely useless. 

35 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Does a digital code for special items count if you buy a special edition of a game? Like for example I bought the RDR2 Ultimate edition, and it has a couple digital codes that get me a lot of free stuff and extra missions and opportunities in the game.

At least, those digital codes are useful for something in getting other cool stuffs for your gameplay in the game. So, it's definitely useful.