Register Now
Kane99

Do you think Amazon can be a good publisher/developer?

For those who don't know, Amazon actually has their own gaming branch that makes their own games. So far they haven't found a hit yet. They have the money to get something going though, so I can see them eventually finding a hit that they can call their own. What do you guys think though? Does Amazon have a chance of making a quality game? One that can become a classic, or even well regarded? 

I would like to see what they have in store for the future. I just hope they can find a hit soon. 

Anyway, I wanted to discuss this, as I read an article here about Amazon and how they haven't had a hit yet. It's from Bloomberg. I think Amazon can produce something good, it just needs to make something unique and fresh, and I don't know if they can do that. We shall see. 

Edited by Kane99

It's not like Amazon is already a huge company. I mean they own almost 50% of the worldwide market and for the US they are 50% major online retail. Amazon made so much money in 2020 and also 2021 since most of all people are buying online, they own Twitch and they get 50% cut from every single account. Saying I get $50 from subs and twitch takes half. 

If it's a good made and fun game then I will be interested if it does interest me. Amazon own the game conpnay but they have there own devs and manager.

I think they are yet to get any good game in their belt. Like most of the other game studios who pump the work all the time but could not get the game on market properly. so amazon have to find their first win as far as gaming is concerned.