Register Now
Kane99

Rockstar Games Intended To Create Single Player Experience, Says Take Two CEO

They wanted to make single player experiences first, and expand on the game with a multiplayer mode. This is how GTA V came to be. And it seems that Rockstar intends to do this for their upcoming games. They've done it so far with RDR2 and it's even more apparent when they released the online mode by itself for RDR2. I think each of their games will follow that same pattern from here on out. Especially considering how much they've made from GTA V alone. 

I understand why they're doing it, but it means less single player for us to enjoy. 😞 I just want more story DLC if possible. 

Anyway, Xfire goes into details about this in the article below. 

Source - Xfire

I don't really have an issue with it especially if the multiplayer mode is it's own game and they give us some DLC content for the single player experience. I personally wouldn't mind if they made unique DLCs only for the single-player mode and do the same for the multiplayer mode so that both modes can offer very different experiences and not be a carbon copy of each other.

They are always trying to make GTA online missions all singleplayer based. 🙂 And I agree 🙂 It's hard to get five people to come together and to do things, and with me who I only have two to three people, it's not good enought. 

5 hours ago, skyfire said:

I think another thing is that group games don't bring much sales but the single player bring more microtransactions too. that is what I have seen so far. 

Valid point there.

10 hours ago, Empire said:

They are always trying to make GTA online missions all singleplayer based. 🙂 And I agree 🙂 It's hard to get five people to come together and to do things, and with me who I only have two to three people, it's not good enought. 

It's really hard just to get a proper team together for heist nowadays so some aspects need to be more single-player focused.

10 hours ago, killamch89 said:

It's really hard just to get a proper team together for heist nowadays so some aspects need to be more single-player focused.

Just do not like waiting for people to join if you are alone, and while in the game people leave and you go back to the obby and wait. I gave up after a while.

On 2/18/2021 at 6:54 AM, Empire said:

Just do not like waiting for people to join if you are alone, and while in the game people leave and you go back to the obby and wait. I gave up after a while.

I know what you mean and then you also have the trolls who join heist just to keep messing them up. I usually do heists with friends so that I don't have to go through most of this.

On 2/16/2021 at 9:46 PM, killamch89 said:

I don't really have an issue with it especially if the multiplayer mode is it's own game and they give us some DLC content for the single player experience. I personally wouldn't mind if they made unique DLCs only for the single-player mode and do the same for the multiplayer mode so that both modes can offer very different experiences and not be a carbon copy of each other.

That's the thing though. This is how GTA V came to be. They implemented an online mode after the single player came out. I have a feeling they won't be releasing any story DLC for future games. Rockstar I think is focussed on single player first and then implementing online to keep the game going. 

16 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I know what you mean and then you also have the trolls who join heist just to keep messing them up. I usually do heists with friends so that I don't have to go through most of this.

Same, but most of my online friends do not play or they are not available, Most of the time I just di missions that are single or a pack of 20 people doing races. Then again it's been months since I was last on GTA online. 

11 hours ago, Empire said:

Same, but most of my online friends do not play or they are not available, Most of the time I just di missions that are single or a pack of 20 people doing races. Then again it's been months since I was last on GTA online. 

My brother mostly plays GTA online. Last time I played online, was probably a year or two ago by now. Most of my friends don't play GTA anymore either. 

Same, not since they are sick and tired of the game, it's more likely that they have other life to deal with. Then again I had two people that I tend to froce them to play years back, since they into other games 😛 then again I do not play much anymore. I stick to flying for hours on end.