Register Now
StaceyPowers

Feelings on perma-death?

I only remember Rainbow Six, Fire Emblem Awakening and Final Fantasy with that system but it depends on the game. The one thing they do have in common is that all your choices really matter because there's no going back so it forces you to prepare well for every encounter. For me personally, it's a mixed bag. On one hand, I like the challenge but on the other hand, it feels like robbery if your character dies in an extremely cheap fashion.

On 2/28/2021 at 2:05 AM, killamch89 said:

I only remember Rainbow Six, Fire Emblem Awakening and Final Fantasy with that system but it depends on the game. The one thing they do have in common is that all your choices really matter because there's no going back so it forces you to prepare well for every encounter. For me personally, it's a mixed bag. On one hand, I like the challenge but on the other hand, it feels like robbery if your character dies in an extremely cheap fashion.

It's really frustrating whenever I get to lose my character in such a cheap fashion. I'd be in pains for it over a long spell of time. 

5 hours ago, Heatman said:

It's really frustrating whenever I get to lose my character in such a cheap fashion. I'd be in pains for it over a long spell of time. 

Because of the nature of the game, I'd be pissed for a good hour but then I'd move past it. I'd jokingly hold some kind of memorial for them though.

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Because of the nature of the game, I'd be pissed for a good hour but then I'd move past it. I'd jokingly hold some kind of memorial for them though.

Yeah, I'm definitely going to be pissed but it's useless dwelling on it for too long. There is always another option to retry.