Register Now
Kane99

Zombieland: Headshot Fever - A new VR game

Looks like we're getting a new Zombieland game, this time in VR and it kind of looks fun. I couldn't stand the most recent movie, so here's hoping this game is at least fun to play. From the trailer it does look kind of fun, but kind of looks more like a mobile game to me. 

What do you think though? 

I fail to understand what makes this game worth the amount of money spent on the Zombieland license. Barring Woody Harrelson's voice and woeful in-game rendering, there's nothing here that strikes me as "Zombieland", or even remotely decent for that matter.

What is it with recent movie tie-ins? Are people really clammoring for OK-ish 90s style video game adaptations? This idea seems like it would be great in the already established cult classic, House of the Dead. It seems wasted on an IP that's already had one attempt at a video game, which is way overvalued.

8 hours ago, Withywarlock said:

I fail to understand what makes this game worth the amount of money spent on the Zombieland license. Barring Woody Harrelson's voice and woeful in-game rendering, there's nothing here that strikes me as "Zombieland", or even remotely decent for that matter.

What is it with recent movie tie-ins? Are people really clammoring for OK-ish 90s style video game adaptations? This idea seems like it would be great in the already established cult classic, House of the Dead. It seems wasted on an IP that's already had one attempt at a video game, which is way overvalued.

And on top of that, the newer movie is pretty bad. I would understand if it was based around the first movie, but even so, I can't see this franchise working as a game. It's got the zombies and all that, but I don't feel it works in video game form. 

As for movie tie-ins. idk, I feel like they're becoming less and less these days. Most of the movie based games I'm aware of these days, happen to be cheap/free mobile apps.

Holy Macaroni, that looks bad. Even for a VR-game! And I thought, the second Zombieland-movie was bad enougth. It's just a cheap, ugly cash-grab. Like Zombieland 2, And the Protagonists here looks horrible. Not even close to there real life counterparts.