Register Now
Kane99

Do you still have some of your old demo discs?

On 8/20/2021 at 11:43 PM, Joshua Farrell said:

I have a dozen demo disks left for computer and xbox games still. A few of them I have finally gotten around to getting the updated remastered versions of the games. Still though, I wish some of the games that are on those discs, were still available. A few of them are now in the domain of the companies being bought out, or defunct, and no one is manufacturing copies of those games anymore.

Or even better, they may be worth thousands of dollars in 10-20 years so keep them.

5 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Or even better, they may be worth thousands of dollars in 10-20 years so keep them.

Haha, more like having a cryptocurrency that isn't worth much now and keeping it to appreciate in value over years to come. It may work out well the demo disc. 

On 8/26/2021 at 1:45 AM, Heatman said:

Haha, more like having a cryptocurrency that isn't worth much now and keeping it to appreciate in value over years to come. It may work out well the demo disc. 

True but the difference is that the price doesn't fluctuate as much, the price of highly sought after old games will only go up as the years go by so it's a win for him.

5 hours ago, killamch89 said:

True but the difference is that the price doesn't fluctuate as much, the price of highly sought after old games will only go up as the years go by so it's a win for him.

Yeah - it's the only difference that I could pick out between them. Even if it's not to be sold, it's going to make one good piece of history lessons for future generations. 

On 9/19/2021 at 1:15 AM, Head_Hunter said:

Demo games are simply to have a look at how the functions while waiting for the original game to launch. I've only bought a demo CD plate once and it was a motor GP game back then in 2011 when I was using PS2. 

In most cases for some gamers, they are just useless because they are already familiar with what to do with playing the game. 

On 9/20/2021 at 12:20 PM, Heatman said:

In most cases for some gamers, they are just useless because they are already familiar with what to do with playing the game. 

Lol, that means no need for the demo kind of thing? At times the demo is mainly to see what the game gonna be after it's launch. Through the help of the demo you'll know if the game will be fascinating or not. 

1 hour ago, Head_Hunter said:

Lol, that means no need for the demo kind of thing? At times the demo is mainly to see what the game gonna be after it's launch. Through the help of the demo you'll know if the game will be fascinating or not. 

Definitely, there is a purpose of its inclusion in the games, because if not they won't waste the resources on making it. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

Definitely, there is a purpose of its inclusion in the games, because if not they won't waste the resources on making it. 

Yes, you're there now, they simply have a purpose for creating the demo especially on a game that attracts worldwide attention. They know, if they eventually launch without the demo and at the end of the day when they launched the CD game and their is a glitch or malfunctioning in some areas, definitely users will return negative ratings to them being the developers. And you know what that means? It's a miss to them. 

Edited by Head_Hunter

27 minutes ago, Head_Hunter said:

Yes, you're there now, they simply have a purpose for creating the demo especially on a game that attracts worldwide attention. They know, if they eventually launch without the demo and at the end of the day when they launched the CD game and their is a glitch or malfunctioning in some areas, definitely users will return negative ratings to them being the developers. And you know what that means? It's a miss to them. 

Exactly - There is always a possibility of newbies trying out these games for the first time and those demo disc are definitely going to be very helpful in bringing them up to speed. 

36 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Exactly - There is always a possibility of newbies trying out these games for the first time and those demo disc are definitely going to be very helpful in bringing them up to speed. 

For sure the demo disc will help them too read how the official version of the game will look like, so they won't find it difficult to play it. 

19 minutes ago, Head_Hunter said:

For sure the demo disc will help them too read how the official version of the game will look like, so they won't find it difficult to play it. 

Exactly - if the gaming industry ever felt like it's no longer useful to include them, they will definitely create another avenue for such role carried out by the demo disc. 

3 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Exactly - if the gaming industry ever felt like it's no longer useful to include them, they will definitely create another avenue for such role carried out by the demo disc. 

Yes, everything is possible in life dear, they can simply make changes base on what they feel is right for every party. But it must be announced before taking such decision to halt the demo productions. 

11 minutes ago, Head_Hunter said:

Yes, everything is possible in life dear, they can simply make changes base on what they feel is right for every party. But it must be announced before taking such decision to halt the demo productions. 

Personally, I believe that a very good number of gamers still find it very useful, otherwise there would have been an uproar about it to be terminated. 

Just now, Heatman said:

Personally, I believe that a very good number of gamers still find it very useful, otherwise there would have been an uproar about it to be terminated. 

Yes, personally I found it so important that's why I'll be worried if I don't see the demo first before the official type. Like now I'm expecting to see EA launching FIFA 22 demo sooner this month.