Register Now
The Blackangel

Aeon Must Die Indie Studio Limestone Games Accused Of Corruption, All The Developers Quit

It says some IP theft case is against them. I wonder how did that affected the employees so much that they quit and went back against the company. I mean case looks pretty deep though they have made some official statement. 

I assume this could be something of "can of worms" as they say against company. 

This is a very sad state of affairs especially in the gaming industry. As I just stated on another post, "gameplay trailers are very deceitful so I don't  really get excited when I see them. I'll wait for the reviews before I can consider a good buy or not." This kind of practice needs to be abolished.

I've been saying this for years that Indie is not synonymous with virtuous, better, or creative. It simply means "poor". The big studios, today, were once garage/basement projects. Give enough time and money to Indie studios, and they will become just like the AAA studios. The only difference is that the Indie studios are 30 years late to the party.

8 hours ago, Empire said:

I've been saying this for years that Indie is not synonymous with virtuous, better, or creative. It simply means "poor". The big studios, today, were once garage/basement projects. Give enough time and money to Indie studios, and they will become just like the AAA studios. The only difference is that the Indie studios are 30 years late to the party.

That's my thoughts on this whole Indies are saviors narrative as well. The amount of crap that goes on behind the scenes at Indies is often times worse than at AAA companies.

Meaning of Indie is independent of VC and funded company. Basically it's bootstrapped or maybe even rich yet not reached the stock market ladder. Indie does have a quality but not necessarily AAA means quality either, AAA today is loaded with microtransactions. 

On 3/29/2021 at 5:06 AM, skyfire said:

Meaning of Indie is independent of VC and funded company. Basically it's bootstrapped or maybe even rich yet not reached the stock market ladder. Indie does have a quality but not necessarily AAA means quality either, AAA today is loaded with microtransactions. 

The point is that there's as much corruption in the Indie industry as there is in the traditional triple A gaming industry and greedy publishers are and have always been the root of many problems in this industry.